8,492 Posts
Got a lot better if I quit firefox. :p

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts

·
I heard you were dead...
8,492 Posts
Now crank up that core OC, underclock the mem and lets see 6 million out of her.
I think that 1950 is all I'll be able to get out of this card. Does underclocking the vRAM actually help anything?

·
Rig Advisor
2,849 Posts
FaH does not benefit from any RAM OC, better to max Core. Sometimes if you under clock the mem, you can gain a few extra Watts for your core.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,492 Posts
I'm actually able to get the best overclock by undervolting my card. RTX 30 series is weird. :p

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
I decided to go to the next level since it's already loud as hell, at least now it's not loud as hell and hot as hell. Damn thing exhausts right on my mouse hand.
That's ear protection loud...

Got a lot better if I quit firefox. :p
I didn't know that Firefox had that much of an impact, software like that is a pain in the a.. nowadays. Steam, icue, spotify and a lot of other apps are using hardware acceleration that slows [email protected] down and is a pain to get rid off.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
We did 225 million yesterday, nice.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
We could get back into the top 10 for a while if we could maintain the 200 million mark. Just need more people doing little bits so we can kick TSC! Russia to the curb and fend of the others for a few years.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,492 Posts
Man, that reminds me of a video I made 9 years ago...

There are now individual folders who get way more PPD than the entire #1 team in the world back then. :p

·
User of the PC
2,105 Posts

There are now individual folders who get way more PPD than the entire #1 team in the world back then. :p
So intense. I remember when I was making 100k ppd and was so impressed back then haha.

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
We could get back into the top 10 for a while if we could maintain the 200 million mark. Just need more people doing little bits so we can kick TSC! Russia to the curb and fend of the others for a few years.
That would be really nice, but we would need to divide that load over more members.
I can't keep this up for long, I'm using 2kwh right now for my systems. Keeping that online 24/7 would be €350 a month. I was averaging 0.7kwh 24/7 the past year for the folding farm alone..

That's cool to see after all those years! 10 years ago I had to fold a year for what I'm doing in a day now... (counting points, not units)

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
For sure. It's going to require more people doing smaller chunks day to day with spikes up from 200 during FaTs. 500,000 ppd isn't that hard to accomplish with part time folding on a typical gaming rig, so we just need 200 new people doing that everyday!

When I say it out loud it seems less reasonable....

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
It just sucks being number 11. Would be different if it was 16 or something but 11 feels like being next in line when the store closes.

Looks like the FaT is going to end right before I finish my current work units.

·
User of the PC
2,105 Posts
It just sucks being number 11. Would be different if it was 16 or something but 11 feels like being next in line when the store closes.

Looks like the FaT is going to end right before I finish my current work units.
I'm in 11th for the FaT... :(

·
I <3 narcissists
6,714 Posts
9-16 is fairly tight this month, I might have moved up a position but turning on a cpu slot.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,492 Posts
Good luck! I've been trying to get one since it came out and I finally just got mine on Sunday. I had in stock alerts set up on discord and it still took me 3 months, lol...

121 - 140 of 171 Posts