Overclock.net banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
User of the PC
2,105 Posts
Good luck! I've been trying to get one since it came out and I finally just got mine on Sunday. I had in stock alerts set up on discord and it still took me 3 months, lol...
Oh I know I've been checking lots. I could of bought a 3060ti but I passed on it.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
I've given up and decided to wait for this 3080ti rumor to play out. I may not buy anything new to play games with though, maybe the used market gets flooded once AMD and Nvidia start making cards instead of just marketing them and I can pick up some stuff to fold with.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,492 Posts
I'd sell you my old card but I don't think folding on a a GTX 970 is worth the electricity anymore. Man, I used to upgrade multiple times per year and now I went 5 years without upgrading. What is wrong with me? :(

On another note, congrats to all [email protected] participants! Please re-roll if I am drawn for OCN premium since I'm retired staff. :p

·
User of the PC
2,105 Posts
I'd sell you my old card but I don't think folding on a a GTX 970 is worth the electricity anymore. Man, I used to upgrade multiple times per year and now I went 5 years without upgrading. What is wrong with me? :(

On another note, congrats to all [email protected] participants! Please re-roll if I am drawn for OCN premium since I'm retired staff. :p
Just shows how much graphic technology has stagnated which is good for the wallet atleast haha.

·
I heard you were dead...
8,492 Posts
I think if Cyberpunk hadn't been coming out, I wouldn't have upgraded. The jump from 9-series to 10-series was really good but I was getting married and needed to save my money for that. And then the 20-series seemed kind of underwhelming and overpriced I guess. The 30-series seems like it's actually a good value for the performance jump. Also I wanted to be able to play Cyberpunk at high settings and now I can!

·
I can count to potato
812 Posts
Would be pretty cool for OCN to squeeze into the top 10. This is my first year folding for the team and I basically have only been firing it up on the foldathons. It's not feasible for me to run flat out on all the rigs all the time, but I'm going to switch to leaving [email protected] running on light or medium 24/7 on my plex server now that it has a 2070. I'm hoping they actually release a 20GB 3080ti next year so I can upgrade my main rig and trickle it's GPU's into other machines.

·
Rig Advisor
2,853 Posts
Grats to everyone! see you on the other side of 1 billion in 2021.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
Grats to everyone! see you on the other side of 1 billion in 2021.
Yes! It's looking like I will hit 700 by new years so I will probably hit 1 billion by the time I can get my hands on a 30 series. then I can gobble up the next billion even quicker.

On a side note. I'm getting my new work machine setup with a 5600xt so my 1080ti can go home, estimated ppd is 600,000. That's better than I expected.

·
13,096 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,715 Posts
Hey, I know those names. Is it easy to switch back and forth between teams for events like this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good luck! I've been trying to get one since it came out and I finally just got mine on Sunday. I had in stock alerts set up on discord and it still took me 3 months, lol...
I think the stock problem is turning around a bit. I was at Rockville Maryland microcenter today @ 2pm and they had quite a few 3000 series cards in stock. They just don’t list them on their website as in stock. Some stores update their stock online like fairfax, va but this one I was told does not because they expect to go quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Hey, I know those names. Is it easy to switch back and forth between teams for events like this?
Yes, it's just Configure -> Identity -> Team number

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damnit I need to get a notification of these things. Not exactly sure how. What I gotta do to make any new post in the entire folding section notify the hell out of me? lol

·
Fold on!
6,903 Posts
Damnit I need to get a notification of these things. Not exactly sure how. What I gotta do to make any new post in the entire folding section notify the hell out of me? lol
You can subscribe to the whole section with a notification for new threads. There is not that much activity here (sadly) so a new thread is not that common.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I guess I don't come back here often enough. But, I've been testing some hardware and the best thing I could think to do with it was run [email protected] ;) With fewer than 100 active folders here I didn't bother to come back and check the activity. I forgot about the foldathons. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. Even before the "joined date" under my name. I recall a forum change over where they had to reset everyone's info. I browse here pretty infrequently because there isn't much discussion relating to what I am actually working on these days. I will say, this is only the tip of the iceberg for the hardware I plan to fold on.

AMD Epyc 7F52 which is actually not folding at this point, but the GPUs are running. 2x Quadro RTX 6000 and 2x Quadro RTX 5000. Server is a Gigabyte G242-Z11.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I guess I don't come back here often enough. But, I've been testing some hardware and the best thing I could think to do with it was run [email protected] ;) With fewer than 100 active folders here I didn't bother to come back and check the activity. I forgot about the foldathons. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. Even before the "joined date" under my name. I recall a forum change over where they had to reset everyone's info. I browse here pretty infrequently because there isn't much discussion relating to what I am actually working on these days. I will say, this is only the tip of the iceberg for the hardware I plan to fold on.

AMD Epyc 7F52 which is actually not folding at this point, but the GPUs are running. 2x Quadro RTX 6000 and 2x Quadro RTX 5000. Server is a Gigabyte G242-Z11.
Thats insane!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I've added you to the notification list so you should get an additional alert when I create the new threads and make a post that mentions everyone on the list. Unfortunately the PM system doesn't allow me to send group PMs to more than five users at a time so I'd take me ages to notify everyone that way. Additionally it doesn't seem like you're able to get email notifications when you're quoted or mentioned in a thread, which is unfortunate, but if I'm missing that setting, someone let me know.

You can subscribe to the whole section with a notification for new threads. There is not that much activity here (sadly) so a new thread is not that common.
This is a good option as well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I made the entire section notify me of any post so it's all good now. Just wanted to see a red dot lol

141 - 160 of 171 Posts