Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to push this chip 3.0Ghz+ so which hsf should I get from frys or microcenter? I will not deal with any online storesfor this. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Well, if their instore stock is the same that they list online you can get a H5O, or a CM hyper 212. Those were the two that stuck out for me.

• Rep+
Reactions: jetplane48

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, now i want to know, since VenX and H50 cost the same...which should i get?

well? rep to all above

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i cannot afford a HSF like that

i will go for VenX or Mega or CM 212+

i just want to know which one gives the best OC ability

·
Registered
445 Posts
you should get a corsair h50
although it's a water cooling setup, it's all-in-one, and is leak free.
look here
it gets better cooling perf than at least probably 90% of the air cooling solutions out there
have fun ocing

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i want to go air cooling for this rig... so sorry about it but i am looking at the mugen2 B rev atm, but i might opt for other...can anyone help me decide?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EDIT: i will be choosing between the Hyper 212+ or the Megahalems or the VenX
which give the lowest temps?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh whatever....im going with the hyper 212 xD its cheaper and its affordable
thanks rep dude

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Personally I would have gone with the VX, I have it and it works perfectly. The tightening bolt is a nice touch.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, does the VX give better temps than the hyper 212+ ? because those are my only options at this point because frys and microcenter have a few in stock

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Just go, with the CM Hyper 212+, I have an older model with the non HDT version. And i have it with a pair of med speed fan going push & pull on a Q9550, and it does the job with lots of overhead.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow! XAsianX ! Nice find! Now it's between that or th CM Hyper 212+ because I am Under budget and want the most bang for my buck... So which one shsould I get?

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jetplane48
View Post

Wow! XAsianX ! Nice find! Now it's between that or th CM Hyper 212+ because I am Under budget and want the most bang for my buck... So which one shsould I get?

Okay, here is the deal.

VenX will get you the best temps, definitely.

However, the CM Hyper 212+ is the best bang for buck cooler, at a modest price of only $30~.

Great article comparing all the modern heatsinks.

It just depends on how much you want to spend. Don't forget that you might want to set-up a push-pull config on whatever heat sink you want to buy etc...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts