Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,194 Posts
thats a rip off

i got my 19 inch lcd at office depot (just incase it had dead pixels) for $250 and its just about the same as that

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Tft are great space savers but the higher resolutions from a crt beat them in a gaming situation ,but that does look like a nice monitor

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm actually getting a better price than Tiger direct is showing on their website from my local Comp dealer. Looks like a good monitor for my gaming needs.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_14

Looks great to me, 8ms is pretty awesome on a 19'.
The brand is also one that I personally like.

omg!! WHERE IS THE 19 footer monitor with 8 ms!?!?!?!?! OMG :shocked:

·
Registered
213 Posts
If your into widescreen monitors the Acer 19" Widescreen might fit the bill. I got mine this morning and I think its great, it was v. cheap has a response time of 8ms and of course is widescreen. The native resolution is 1440x900 and mine had no dead pixels. The model number is AL1916W for the silver version and AL1916WB for the black (and in my opinion much sexier) version.

The UK seem to stock only the silver but I have seen the Black version plenty of times on canadian websites.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It looks good. Not great. You could probably find something better for whatever price you are getting this one for. The main thing that gets me is the Contrast Ratio; most people don't really care as long as it's 500:1 or higher, but I personally like really high contrast ratios, like 1000:1. You could also find one with 6ms response time for cheaper ^_^.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts