Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an Abit IS7-E2 a decent half good board? After my experience with my old P4 when I was without my good machine, and seeing how well it overclocked with some crappy PC133 RAM, a craptastic heatsink, and still using the stock voltage, I'm a bit curious as to what it might be capable of with better conditions. I'm looking to keep this cheap (preferable less than or around $100 including 512MB of some PC2700 RAM), so boards should be around 50-70 bucks at the most.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the only P4 I got is a 1.8GHz Willamette POS, and no, I'm keeping my ClawHammer...for now at least

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a pretty good run with it, I've got an old ASUS P4B motherboard that I have to adjust the clock settings with DIP switches, but I was able to get it to run 2160MHz still using the default voltage, and it felt like it would do more, but I was maxing the PC133 RAM at 166MHz
I'm planning on donating the system to a friend a little later on down the road when I can get a better video card for it, so I'm wanting ot make it the best I can. That and I've got the overclocking bug again, and seeing as how my Mobile turned out to be a gigant pile of fresh warm poo, I'd like to see how this goes. It's just something about seeing those numbers rise and not having to see money fly out of my wallet...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I had a pretty good run with it, I've got an old ASUS P4B motherboard that I have to adjust the clock settings with DIP switches, but I was able to get it to run 2160MHz still using the default voltage, and it felt like it would do more, but I was maxing the PC133 RAM at 166MHz
I'm planning on donating the system to a friend a little later on down the road when I can get a better video card for it, so I'm wanting ot make it the best I can. That and I've got the overclocking bug again, and seeing as how my Mobile turned out to be a gigant pile of fresh warm poo, I'd like to see how this goes. It's just something about seeing those numbers rise and not having to see money fly out of my wallet...

i agree with that

all of my friends get scared when i use there computers

they think im going to mess with them and break them i think...

even though i havent broke any of my computers yet...
i did kick the crap out of my old duron

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ugh I wanna know why this old crap is still so expensive
how can 512MB of PC2700 cost $80?! It's disgusting... I really wanna get this all together...must...overclock!!

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Ugh I wanna know why this old crap is still so expensive
how can 512MB of PC2700 cost $80?! It's disgusting... I really wanna get this all together...must...overclock!!

yeah i know i was looking for some pc2100 and 512 was $71 is the cheapest...

thats total crap ram for $71 ive seen compusa have pc3200 for that much on sale or with a rebate

my girlfriend wants me to build her a mini itx computer since i showed her the website with the small computers www.mini-itx.com
and all of the cute little mods that they do to them

she wants a Carebear computer....
but still shes my girlfriend and she had the brains to figure out that i wanted the arctic silencer NV5... she saw it in my favorite places and bought it for me for xmas

so it looks like i might be building a care bear

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol yeah I'm thinking about a micro-atx system since said friend is in college, but goes home every weekend.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

lol yeah I'm thinking about a micro-atx system since said friend is in college, but goes home every weekend.

um i said MINI-ITX check out the site

they are cyric CPUs [sucky] but the mobo and cpu come together 1200mhz and lower so far...

and in the future nano itx

the size of the palm of your hand

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
disgusting...

Man I am just spending all kinda of money I don't have lately...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
since mine was stolen i have no car... you know i spend more time looking at stuff i want for my computer now instead of cars / car mods

well like two years ago i moved here and left all my car buds back in atlanta

also left all my DJ and b-boy crew
and my highschool buds
my computer buds

and the job i hated

and like a couple of months living out here and my car gets stolen

anyways i gots the OC now

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well that sucks, but I have yet to even own a car...
That's my true passion, but of course something that costs quite a bit more than computers...and I can barely afford that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts