Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought kill zone 2 the day it came out so I could actually have other things in my PS3 library besides LBP and MGS.

So I decided to go for killzon.e I played this game a grand total of 3 times. Once single player and 3 times online(single play and one online session in one day)

Needless to say I felt the game sucked.

Well now I'm bored and my ps3 has gotten no use what so ever since my last blu-ray purchase which is more than a month as of now.

So now im going to atempt to play the single player. So far I've only gotten to the second mission I think, the one with the tank. thats all I remember for now.

I will say this the game does look pretty.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I feel bad for doing it, but I have to admit I'm in the same boat as you. I bought KZ2 the day it came out, hooked it up to my HDTV, and got through maybe half the storyline. I don't remember why but I just stopped there, and haven't touched my PS3 since. It's been about 5 months so I hope to rescue it and start playing again on my new monitor purchase soon.

·
Banned
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok update. I played it again. I basically forced my self through a good half an hour of play. I got to the mission where you have to destroy the ark towers. Yea its not happening.

I guess the biggest turn off for me is the controls. This game doesn't get you the fluid turning like other games do. It more of a jerking motion when you try to aim the gun.

The story I'm completely lost with besides the fact that one side is trying to stop the other side from doing something. I never played KZ1 so im oblivious to the story line.

I would trade it in but I don't like trading games. Especially if i havent even come close to finishing it.

I will say the multiplayer is a lot more enjoyable. But still not enough to keep my attention for long. I feel Single player is complete trash and online is funner.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
the game is pretty sweet, amazing graphics, and the single player was epic, i really can't see how they can call the first killzone this games predecessor. But the controls were bad, to say the least, i hated them, just terrible.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I thought that the missions were fun but the actual story was bollocks, just boring 'we don't like these men so we'll shoot them' ****.

·
Registered
636 Posts
onlines pretty cool, what with earning valor for clan battle/tournements

the only thing I hate about it, is that you can't hold a lobby, invite people you want and then find a game to join :/ or it didn't do this the last time i played online.

add me to your psn list if for some games, killzone2 or otherwise

PSN (UK)
-------
retro41
-------

·
Banned
741 Posts
i think the game is just mehh, the fact that they forced a cover system in to try to stay "current" kinda pissed me off as KZ1 was just fine without one, other then that i logged maybe ~40 hours online then lost interest completely

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The game has the worst gameplay to controls ratio
Insssaaannneeee gameplay; controls they spent 5 minutes on.
I like games like Resistance where you can change controls 100%

·
Registered
646 Posts
I don't HATE the controls, but if the aiming was more fluid like Halo and less acceleration-based, it would kick much more...umm...you get the idea.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hmm... the controls are fine, since everyone has to play it that way. Just tweak the options in controls to insane... more like a mouse and keyboard speed then... it is a little "jerky" but it's still just fine to game with. BTW I played and beat RFOM 1 but haven't given part 2 a chance yet, is it worth picking up?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts