Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the major differences between the ud3l and ud3r is the raid and silent pipe heat sink.

Anyone know if the Artic 7 Freezer interferes with the board at all?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JRG View Post
Looks like the major differences between the ud3l and ud3r is the raid and silent pipe heat sink.

Anyone know if the Artic 7 Freezer interferes with the board at all?
No, you'll be fine.

The original Freezer 7 worked just fine on my buddies UD3R

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help and quick responses...the ud3r is looking pretty good!

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Here is a chart showing the differences in the boards--stay away from the L "lite" as the cooling is not that goood for overclocking
Mobo Differences
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image dimensions are 741x618 and 119KB in size.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will this board have any issues running 2.1V-rated RAM at 2.1V? The board's spec only lists 1.8V.

·
Premium Member
20,339 Posts
No its fine.

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I have the UD3R and I love it.

However, I am now regretting not getting the UD3P - for the 2nd PCIe slot.

I didnt think Id need a second Graphics card either,,, then I started folding,

With regard to your 800MHz DDR2, if you are going to OC, this ram may limit your speeds. Ive found the 1066's gives me some good head room.

I guess it will depend on your budget.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only reason I'm sticking with 800MHz is that I just bought 2x2gb RAM with plans of putting it in my Asus board, but the Asus board recently has been faulty. As long as I can get my 2.66GHz core 2 to 3.0GHz, I'll be happy.

I've thought about the 2nd PCIe slot, but I've had one for 2 yrs now and have yet to use it. But then again the UD3P is only $10 more than the UD3R at the egg!

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
I'll say what everyone else has said: The UD3R/UD3P is one of the best LGA775 boards in that price range. I like my Asus P5Q Pro (Asus P5Q Turbo and Pro Turbo are what these are called now), but it has a couple of problems: picky about RAM, sketchy IDE controller. But they're good boards too. But the UD3R would probably be your best choice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good info guys.

One last question (I think), does Speedfan work with all the fans sockets on this board?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Sethy.

Well I decided on the UD3R. I know I'll never use the 2nd PCIe slot. Look forward to the install.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts