Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently have AMD 1090T BE paired with 790FX-GD70, I'm looking for an upgrade. What you guys recommend between those 2 mobo? Please give me your opinion, thanks a lot
smile.gif

·
Registered
100 Posts
i just ordered a Crosshair Formula Vto replace my gigabyte 990fxa ud3 should get here soon i let you know how well it goes

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Im a huge fan of the Sabertooth class of Asus boards. No fancy features like remote starting your car from the BIOS or anything. Just rock solid, near indestructible build quality and ferocious overclocking and cooling. But if you can afford the price premium of a Crosshair, no reason not to get one. It has the same superb build quality of the Sabertooth and who knows, you might be overclocking one cold morning before going to work so maybe youll want to remote start your car and get it warmed up.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input. I don't see the big difference in the price ($190 vs $220) pretty close. My 790FX-GD70 is not the mobo for my 1090, and I want to unlock its overclock potential, but I don't know which one is the right choice.
smile.gif
. How was the overclock work on those Sabertooth?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I when from Corshair III has the 790FX chip best I could get over clocked on my 1090T was 3.8 with FBS of 260 with my Sabertooth I get 4.2 FBS 325

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I bet it does......says the obvious Asus fanboy.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
102 Posts
DOA ?

I have a CHV and love it
smile.gif

Had to RMA orig board and Asus took great care of me - had new factory tested board within 1 week, which I NEVER had an issue with and its been rock solid since day 1 - it's well worth the wait IMHO

·
Registered
100 Posts
for some reason my computer would restart and i would get an error of Nb temps to hot but the in the bios they say 25 C so i hope things are going to go ok been a week sent i sent my board out and haven't heard anything

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a chvf a couple months ago. I'm disappointed.
I am having super slow bios post before windows. It will take 4-7min just get to the windows start screen.
It will crash windows when I bring my memory up to its rated speed (2133). It defaults to 1600.
Also, coming from a m4a79 deluxe, I noticed that the pcie performance is 15% slower based on framerates from 3dmark06.
My gtx 570 superclocked runs slower on the chvf and will not downclock when not in use.
I am considering going with another model, maybe the sabertooth.
The replacement board they gave me was used and would lock me out of the bios and would not boot windows.
This has been almost a total disappointment.
I say almost because I,ve had my fx-8150 running temorarily at 4500mhz.
It overclocks like a mother!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, it sound like Sabertooth is the right choice with cheaper price + 5 years warranty guys?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I like it but its on the same level as the 1090T or 1100 here is what I can get with a 1090T and a Sbertooth

this is 24/7 stable max was 4.4Ghz

·
Riding on the edge
3,261 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you're patient enough you might be able to score one of them open box. i saw an open box crosshair v for about $150 a week or so ago, and picked up an open box sabertooth for myself. $185 (at the time) mobo for $131 shipped; i'll give it a good home!
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
20,172 Posts
aren't the newest lines coming out soon? i'm still rocking an 880.
redface.gif

1 - 20 of 40 Posts