Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys just about ready to order final bits of my conroe set up but , as always the graphics card decision is the big problem , what do i get?<br />
<br />
dx10 card g80 is out of it , i cant justifiy the high asking price just to say , hay i got a higher 3dmark score than you!<br />
i will wait till vista dx10 and the cards prove them selves,<br />
but i need a card for my conroe rig,so i have a 6800gt just now , <br />
rig will be <br />
e6600<br />
2 gb corsair ddr2 6400C5 ram 2 x 1 gb sticks<br />
ds4 mobo<br />
hiper 580 w psu<br />
<br />
now what card do i get i was told the x1950xt is not worth it over a x1900xt<br />
i think i will prefer ati this time round never had ati card before , but like the sound of aa and hdr at same time! <br />
so what do i do i want something that will see me through the summer next year play crysis and i can sell for a reasonable amount once i am done with them.<br />
so x1900xt ? or maybe 2 x1950 pro`s in cross fire , about £100 more than the x1900xt or something else?

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
I'd go for the 512mb X1950pro. Near XT performance, for considerably less money. The nice thing about the x1950'pros is that they don't need a master card for crossfire.......which usually run much more expensive than their "standard" counterparts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Fatal05</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I'd go for the 512mb X1950pro. Near XT performance, for considerably less money. The nice thing about the x1950'pros is that they don't need a master card for crossfire.......which usually run much more expensive than their "standard" counterparts.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>ok just surprised that it will be near xt performance with less shaders etc ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool , we can only get the 256 mb here would that be ok crossfired?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new rig e6600<br>
2 gb corair 6400c5 ram<br>
ds4<br>
2 x 1950 pro gecube with tec cooler1 x fired<br>
hiper 580w psu

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
well if you plan on gettin a DX-10 card personally i would use the 6800gt... its good enough for now.<br />
if you dont plan on getting a dx-10 card then get like x1950xtx in crossfire haha<br />
<br />
basically i'd go all or nothin since theres new technology right about to come out...<br />
i mean the specs are already rumored so im guessing they've already produced a bunch of them...

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Currently, I feel that Ati is selling the better high end cards,but Nvidia is releasing their DX10 card next month. With that said, I think an option to consider is buying a 7900gt or gtx from EVGA and using their stepup program to swap it into a DX10. I'm not sure what your monitor size is, but a DX10 card should outperform a Crossfire or SLI setup at the resolutions most of us play at. I don't plan on moving to Vista anytime soon, but it'll be nice to have a DX10 card ready when I do. As long as the benchmarks look tasty, I'm doing exactly what I suggested that you do. Only thing that might change my mind is if the Ati card speeds up its release and looks even better. If that happens, I might just get an x1900xt to hold me off until after Christmas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts