Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got it! It finally arrived! lol
Its big, its heavy, its not lapped good... oh wait.. thats not a compliment.. lol
I just put it on the cpu and it works pretty good. It came with 2 fans (the more expensive package that I didn't even order!) and they work 'OK', they're not high CFM fans, but they're quiet. When I get into windows, the cpu temp is about 32c, now when I load in, its only 27-28. The idle has moved up to just a bit above room temp, 20c. The Northbridge is still at 18c (1c above room temp).
I just want to warn everyone about this cooler, its not very well lapped. The area that contacts the core looks like [email protected] You should lap this heatsink before you put it on. Also, the fan holders are very, VERY flimsy. Cheap metal thats not even connected at the bottom, but I think I'll make something to stablize it. Weighs in at about 800g with both aluminium fans (included). They did consider to throw in a very nice support for the back of the motherboard. Very thick and sturdy, and has nice teflon area that contacts the motherboard.
In the reviews I read, they say that this isn't a very good cooler, I don't agree with that... although... It is a bit of an improvement from my stock... but anywho.. heres some pictures to go with it!
EDIT* I'll post the pictures in a few minutes, my digital eats up the batteries toooo quickly!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
cool, i saw that cooler when shopping around, but then saw it used 60mm fans so i said no thnx....even though it looks sweet. im glad it works well on your cely, but i doubt it would be very good on my pressy...lol

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

cool, i saw that cooler when shopping around, but then saw it used 60mm fans so i said no thnx....even though it looks sweet. im glad it works well on your cely, but i doubt it would be very good on my pressy...lol

We'll find out on the prescott very, very soon. Hopefully within the week (sunday) I'm going to get a 2.4AE. As of now, I'm VERY impressed, Prime95 stable and I'm getting 33-32c FULL-LOAD TEMPS!!!
LOOK!

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced one the fans that came with the HS with a 50CFM one, now my load temps at the max are barely reaching 30!

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
thats like less than 90°f thats awesome..

i guess im used to hot procs

so how far are you going to push that baby??

That makes me wonder if a celeron was pushed to x16 or so would it really overheat? or would it be fine ???
Ithink it would be fine

too bad theres no multi mod for Celery

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

thats like less than 90°f thats awesome..

i guess im used to hot procs

so how far are you going to push that baby??

That makes me wonder if a celeron was pushed to x16 or so would it really overheat? or would it be fine ???
Ithink it would be fine

too bad theres no multi mod for Celery

It won't go any farther for some reason, I tried loosening all the timings, giving everything the most voltage I could, but I just can't pass 142.. I think it could be the 13amps on the +12v line.. lol
Oh yeah, will the 13amps hamper anything when I get the 2.4AE? I know its a prescott core so I'm unsure.. just need to know If I need a psu when I get it..

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just finished up with my ghetto-cooling mod, I put in a 90mm fan with some sweet-a$$ ducting directly to an 80mm fan blowing air on the heatsink.. I'm yet to test it under full-load.. but I'll get back to y'all in about 30mins after prime95'ing it.
Here
AND
Here
I'll get some pictures of the actual heatsink when I take the whole motherboard out to put in my new cpu (sunday!
)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts