Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title states, in my rush to try to get my SSD to install Windows properly post firmware update, I clicked the wrong thing to format and formatted my raid-0 partition. I am wondering if there is any way to get the data back as I haven't overwritten any of it yet with any new data.

HDD in question - Samsung F3 1tb H103SJ x 2 in raid 0

Thanks

·
Opinion8r
1,129 Posts
I would try a program called getDataback NTFS

• Rep+
Reactions: Velathawen

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like I just boot into windows and run the program with the hdd in question plugged in and follow the steps, will give it a shot! Hopefully I will only need to run it once as it carries a $80 price tag for the NTFS version D:

·
Registered
501 Posts
make sure the array itself has not been deleted; ctrl - i at boot, when the raid status is displayed, would give you the option to recover the array - but not whatever was formatted.

·
Registered
200 Posts
you can recover your data HOWEVER, you will need a 2nd hard drive to copy all your lost information to as you cant just recover it on the same drive. Most data-recovery programs wont let you recover a partition on the same hard drive and require you to use a second storage location.

As long as you haven't put any new data on it, it should be recoverable. I would offer a program I've used but I cant remember the name of it nor am I at home

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok! So some good news -

1. I have gotten Windows installed and updated on my Crucial m4, all is well on the OS front.

2. I did not actually format the array, I simply deleted the partition, which leaves me feeling quite hopeful!

After reading the suggestions in this thread and waiting for my Windows updates, I wondered if I could do a recovery through Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It still recognizes my raid and I am currently attempting to verify the contents of the volume. Whether this means I can fully recover the data or not remains to be seen, fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back with more updates:

I have tried GetDataBack, and it reveals that my raid is completely intact. All the information is present, and I need to unlock it by purchasing the program ($80 USD) to enable copying data off the raid.

I'm wondering if anyone could walk me through using the combination of using raid/partition recovery. I think I have managed somewhat of a rebuild but it always crashes around 2 hours and 8 minutes in to the raid recovery process and I'm not sure why.

·
Premium Member
9,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velathawen;15263602
Ok! So some good news -

1. I have gotten Windows installed and updated on my Crucial m4, all is well on the OS front.

2. I did not actually format the array, I simply deleted the partition, which leaves me feeling quite hopeful!

After reading the suggestions in this thread and waiting for my Windows updates, I wondered if I could do a recovery through Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It still recognizes my raid and I am currently attempting to verify the contents of the volume. Whether this means I can fully recover the data or not remains to be seen, fingers crossed!
Sounds like what you need is TestDisk. It can find and re-write deleted non-overwritten partitions.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

It's free - if it works, toss them a donation.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramy;15289877
Sounds like what you need is TestDisk. It can find and re-write deleted non-overwritten partitions.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

It's free - if it works, toss them a donation.
This man speaks the truth. TestDisk will find your deleted partition and write it to the Partition Table again, and all your data will be left perfectly intact. It's a very useful utility, and runs on almost any platform
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot guys, really happy to have found all these useful utilities. I have managed to recover the important bits that were on the HDD, all is well <3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts