Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and Happy Easter!

Looking to delid a 7900X due to the poor temps caused by the stock tim.

Does any one have any experience or knowledge of both to advise me which would be a better option?

I'm pretty nervous about delidding such an expensive CPU and any info or advice will be greatly appreciated!

·
BlackSmith Designs
239 Posts
The Die mate 2. Not Die mate 1, or rockitt.

Now hear me out first.

They all work fine. So you cant go wrong with any of them. But the new improved Die mate 2 makes it a SUPER EASY non screw up process. No cracking sounds with this one like the rest, no guessing how far the IHS gets pushed as you can see how far the CPU moves because you can see the CPU. They have a super simple easy to figure out reglue piece and its just an amazingly simple tool.

Dont be nervous with that tool. You would have to be dumb to screw it up. Just be careful with scraping off the silicone use plastic credit card. Use coolabratory liquid metal and use RTV silicon gasket sealer on the EDGES of the PCB only when gluing it back up. If you do it edges only as opposed to all 4 walls, you can take it apart easier in the future if you have to reapply liquid metal again for any reason. Some people will say superglue instead of RTV, and that will work, but RTV is better. Some people will say just use your mobo's own retention clip and skip gluing, just ignore them, and use a couple tiny drops of RTV.

·
BlackSmith Designs
239 Posts
You don't even Need the RTV stuff....It's Easier to just get some regular old Clear Silicone just as well. Telling ya go to Home Depot and get a big tube of the GE stuff.
yea they both work. I just meant, over superglue, this is preferred. Although RTV does have a higher temp rating, but it wont make a difference really.

·
BlackSmith Designs
239 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah that's a nicer one and can clamp it in there to Dry.
From what I've read the X series aren't compatible with the Delid 2, that's why the Delid X was released.

·
Facepalm
8,629 Posts
The Die mate 2. Not Die mate 1, or rockitt.

Now hear me out first.

They all work fine. So you cant go wrong with any of them. But the new improved Die mate 2 makes it a SUPER EASY non screw up process. No cracking sounds with this one like the rest, no guessing how far the IHS gets pushed as you can see how far the CPU moves because you can see the CPU. They have a super simple easy to figure out reglue piece and its just an amazingly simple tool.

Dont be nervous with that tool. You would have to be dumb to screw it up. Just be careful with scraping off the silicone use plastic credit card. Use coolabratory liquid metal and use RTV silicon gasket sealer on the EDGES of the PCB only when gluing it back up. If you do it edges only as opposed to all 4 walls, you can take it apart easier in the future if you have to reapply liquid metal again for any reason. Some people will say superglue instead of RTV, and that will work, but RTV is better. Some people will say just use your mobo's own retention clip and skip gluing, just ignore them, and use a couple tiny drops of RTV.
Um......the Die Mate 2 is not for HDET CPU's.
They won't even fit in them.

He needs the Die Mate X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts