Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering if sum1 can tell me what type of slot does this computer use for videocard? a friend of mine bought one and was asking me if he can upgrade the videocard, i cant suggest anything cuz i dunno if it uses AGP or PCI-e, checked dell it says on board videocard. Please help

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shortfuse

Hey guys just wondering if sum1 can tell me what type of slot does this computer use for videocard? a friend of mine bought one and was asking me if he can upgrade the videocard, i cant suggest anything cuz i dunno if it uses AGP or PCI-e, checked dell it says on board videocard. Please help

Ive found two bits of information, the motherboard uses onboard ''Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900'', and has one x1 PCI-E slot and 2 PCI slots. (No AGP or x16 PCI-E slot) Your friend will have to go with a standard PCI video card.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...pecstab#tabtop

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya unfortunately hes stuck with either
A) upgrading MOBO,ram and videocard...but could get a new MOBO with new onboard graphics, it will be better than what he has
B) buying FX5500 and OCing it...

the fx5500 is the best PCI card

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shortfuse

So a standard pci card would be? nvidia fx 5xxx series?

Yes, the FX 5xxx series, a PCI FX 5500 would do the job nicely. He's very limited to what he can do with the dell motherboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts