Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I want to upgrade my dell inspiron 6000 Laptop Hardware. I bought this laptop in 2005.

My laptop Current Specs :
Processor : Intel Celeron M Processor, 1.40GHz
RAM : 2 GB ( 2 slots , each 1GB )
HDD : 80GB
Windows 7 ,32 bit
WiFi
DVD RW

i want to upgrade to Below specs :

Processor : Intel Core i7 4790K, 4.40GHz
RAM : 16GB
HDD : 500 GB
64 bit operating system
USB 3.0

I use my laptop for Graphic design - photoshop, multi tasking, video editing, Bulk copying files from one drive to another drive, Watching videos,

How do i upgrade ? Could you please tell me which mother board should i buy? And Where I can buy hardware cheaper?

If you need more info, please ask me.

Thank you
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
You can't use PC components inside a laptop. Laptops, especially ones that old don't really offer much when it comes to upgrading. Best thing to do would be to build a PC using the parts you've listed or buy a new laptop.

Edit - You want to build a PC? Completely misread your post
redface.gif

Might wanna give your location so people can find parts for you based on that and also provide a budget.

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan92 View Post

You can't use PC components inside a laptop. Laptops, especially ones that old don't really offer much when it comes to upgrading. Best thing to do would be to build a PC using the parts you've listed or buy a new laptop.
This.

A nine year old laptop is well beyond the average service life of a typical computer. They generally cannot be upgraded substantially

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi
Thank you for reply.
How much would cost me if buy new laptop with above specs?
I want laptop, NOT desktop. I read somewhere in internet we can upgrade everything. So please tell me better solution.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techy4other View Post

Hi
Thank you for reply. I'm in London, UK.
How much would cost me if buy new laptop with above specs?
I want laptop, NOT desktop. I read somewhere in internet we can upgrade everything. So please tell me better solution.

Thank you
I'd just check places like Scan.co.uk, Ebuyer, Amazon, Dabs etc for a laptop that suits your needs, as for price, it'll be really expensive and you won't find a laptop with a DESKTOP processor, you'll find the mobile version instead.

& Apart from the RAM, HDD and SSD's, you can't upgrade a laptop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts