Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any Dell laptop I can purchase from Dell currently that has easy access to the hard drive to switch it out?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Dell laptops no... but IBMs yes... I've an X20 (yes it's old...) and I can easily take out the harddrive...
Why specifically Dells anyway ?

·

29,532 Posts
Far the most of the Dell laptops has interchangable parts (Battery, RAM, CPU and harddrive is the most frequent ones, graphics card on others)

So any will do, just remember that they only can hold 2.5" (all) harddrives, and some others will also hold 1.8" harddrives.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
Dell laptops no... but IBMs yes... I've an X20 (yes it's old...) and I can easily take out the harddrive...
Well, it's for my mom..and she specifically wants Dell

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post
Far the most of the Dell laptops has interchangable parts (Battery, RAM, CPU and harddrive is the most frequent ones, graphics card on others)

So any will do, just remember that they only can hold 2.5" (all) harddrives, and some others will also hold 1.8" harddrives.
My current Dell is an 1100 series inspirion, and you can only change the RAM/battery

I have a laptop hard drive that has important files on it, that she needs to get off, so I need a new laptop to buy where I can hook it up, and get the files off of it. She's getting a new laptop regardless, but she still needs to get those files off of, and hooking it up to a new laptop once we get it, is the only way I can think to do it.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity View Post
I have an IBM T23.. Its got a screw.. (Easy enough but not all have switches)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts