Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Recently my sister has been having a slew of problems with her Dell M3800. Reporting issues of frequent crashing during games, not coming on after a reboot and lines across the screen. Her initial reaction was that it was overheating, because she noticed how incredibly hot the laptop got during even everyday tasks. I took it home and intended to run the BIOS diagnostics to see if I could figure out what was going on and if I needed to send it in for service. So I boot up the computer and run the Diagnostics, and I get to about the 77% mark and then this happens

Now I noticed this came on just as it was doing "Stress Testing". the bios diagnostics never came back, and after about 30 minutes of waiting with the screen like that, I did a hard shutdown, now every attempt to start the computer back up has failed, the light flashes on the keyboard, the power button light comes on for a little longer than that, but then poof, everything shuts off again. I'm thinking this could be a graphics card issue initially, but I could be wrong. Any Advice on what to do, or suggestions as to what might be wrong

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
GPU is fried. If it's a graphical error like that, it's certain that the GPU is the culprit.

• Rep+
Reactions: Nitrogannex

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imglidinhere View Post

GPU is fried. If it's a graphical error like that, it's certain that the GPU is the culprit.
Alright thanks man, yeah, I think I might just end up having it sent back to Dell, Laptops are not my strong suit, especially ones this thin and compact. Just wanted to confirm my suspicions, + REP

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,289 Posts
You're welcome. ^^ Yeah if it's all crackly like that on screen, it's either something to do with the GPU or the motherboard is on the fritz.
tongue.gif
The latter being REALLY bad. xD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts