Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it worth? I'd rather have another desktop, and have a nice laptop other than this one anyway.

Dell Precision M6400

Intel QX9300 @ 2.53GHz
8GB CL7 DDR3 1066 RAM(it has 4 DIMM slots)
2 SSD's: 64GB Supertalent Masterdrive SX's in RAID0
Nvidia Quadro FX2700M graphics card(I scored over 8,000 in 3dmark06)
17" 1920*1200 LED LCD
Intel 5100 A/G/N Wireless
Bluetooth
Backlit keyboard
Comes with Windows 7 64bit RC2 on it, and manufacturer discs for Roxio, Norton, Windows Vista Home Premium and XP Professional "downgrade".
No warranty on the processor, and manufacturer's warranty on SSD's and RAM. I'm also including the original HDD and RAM. Dell warranty on the rest of it through 5/26/2012

·
Banned
4,874 Posts
Sorry i can't give an appraisal but that's an extremely nice laptop !

All i can say i that i doubt you'll have much luck on places like craigslist but you'll have more luck either putting it as a "buy now" on ebay or here on OCN.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay
View Post

Sorry i can't give an appraisal but that's an extremely nice laptop !

All i can say i that i doubt you'll have much luck on places like craigslist but you'll have more luck either putting it as a "buy now" on ebay or here on OCN.

Thanks! I was planning on listing here on OCN first. It's already up in the "trade" section for an i7 system, as well

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
3500$- 3750$. its a very very powerful system in a laptop. or trade for a fully loaded i7 system.

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
I don't think you will be able to get what it is worth. It is just such a beast. If you find the right buyer $2500/$3000 and that is a major steal for the buyer. It is worth more I just don't see you getting it's value. That is a 100% professional workstation. Gamers don't want and us normal people out of budget.

Have you considered parting some of it out? Like say the CPU separate then put a less expensive one in and can still sell the notebook working? Similar with SSD's? Put in less expensive HDD's in RAID sell unit and SSD's? Likely to get closer to it's value. CPU alone had a release price of over $1000.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
I don't think you will be able to get what it is worth. It is just such a beast. If you find the right buyer $2500/$3000 and that is a major steal for the buyer. It is worth more I just don't see you getting it's value. That is a 100% professional workstation. Gamers don't want and us normal people out of budget.

Have you considered parting some of it out? Like say the CPU separate then put a less expensive one in and can still sell the notebook working? Similar with SSD's? Put in less expensive HDD's in RAID sell unit and SSD's? Likely to get closer to it's value. CPU alone had a release price of over $1000.
I'd rather not part it out. It's a pain and really not worth it opening it up every time somebody says they want a part.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'd maybe think about it lol. Check my sig. Not sure if you would though. I am sure you would want lots O' cash on top

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomstick360
View Post

I'd maybe think about it lol. Check my sig. Not sure if you would though. I am sure you would want lots O' cash on top

It's definitely tempting... I might not want as much as you think. PM me if you have an offer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts