Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by registered user View Post

How much you can overclock this monitor? I've read that P2414H can do 80Hz so this should do as well?
Up to around 65Hz without adjusting timings. Different panel to the P2414H.

·
Some Guy
714 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have the U2414h and have it at 76hz with custom timings over HDMI. I'm pretty sure you can push it to 80hz with a DP cable, I want to try myself, but don't have a GPU with display-port sadly. I've also gotten the monitor to run 2560x1440 which looks really nice in the few games that my GPU can handle that res.

·
Some Guy
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene-z View Post

I have the U2414h and have it at 76hz with custom timings over HDMI. I'm pretty sure you can push it to 80hz with a DP cable, I want to try myself, but don't have a GPU with display-port sadly. I've also gotten the monitor to run 2560x1440 which looks really nice in the few games that my GPU can handle that res.
Did you do a frame skip test?
I thought the U2414H started frame skipping after reaching 65Hz or somewhere close to that.

If it doesn't frame skip then thats nice.
smile.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gene-z thank you very much for the information. My GPU will be GTX 770 and it has DP port. Of course I could always get the U2414H and see if I can OC it to 80Hz or even 75Hz and if not then return it
tongue.gif

Can you share the photo you took from the test? There's only a screenshot in your post and that tells nothing?

Btw what are these "custom timings" and do they have negative effect on the display/image in any way?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:

Gene-z thank you very much for the information. My GPU will be GTX 770 and it has DP port. Of course I could always get the U2414H and see if I can OC it to 80Hz or even 75Hz and if not then return it
tongue.gif

Can you share the photo you took from the test? There's only a screenshot in your post and that tells nothing?

Btw what are these "custom timings" and do they have negative effect on the display/image in any way?
I'll post them when I can get on that PC sometime tomor.

·
Some Guy
714 Posts
Gene-Z thanks for the screenshot, its just that it doesn't show anything.
smile.gif

You need to use a camera and use settings on it so that 5-10 squares show at the same time and if a square in the middle of that row is black instead of white..
Then you've got frame skipping, you probably already knew this though.

Quote:

I really want someone to answer this.
Is there any reason to have tight timings on the monitor? and If so, what does it improve?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodcore View Post

Gene-Z thanks for the screenshot, its just that it doesn't show anything.
smile.gif

You need to use a camera and use settings on it so that 5-10 squares show at the same time and if a square in the middle of that row is black instead of white..
Then you've got frame skipping, you probably already knew this though.
Him posting that screenshot makes me think that he thought that the green "valid" text means that the test was a success. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:

Bump for the pictures
smile.gif
So sorry I forgot about the thread, I totally forgot and had no idea it required a picture, but I guess that's what happens when you don't read the instructions. I'm awful with a camera and my exposure settings were very limited, this is the best I could do:

Please keep in mind I'm awful at taking pictures and the monitor looks 10x better in person. The white might also seem a bit warm, but it's currently set to 5000k color temperature for night, I generally use sRGB during the day and the factory calibration is great for this profile. Hope this helps and sorry for the cable mess.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the picture! I will get this
smile.gif
hopefully I get 80Hz with DP
tongue.gif
At least looking to get 72Hz.

What are the custom timings you are using?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all, new to the forum.

went through the entire thread, thank you for all contributions! it was a pretty good read.

I have just purchased 3x U2414H fora multi-monitor setup, currently running 7970.

Will most likely be setting up daisy-chain using DP...if my understanding is correct I'll just use DP->DP cables for all connections?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, could someone of the 80-Hz-guys please post some custom timings to begin with (CRU or nVidia control panel GTX670)? I'm using rev. A01 of the monitor with a DP > DP cable and I'm stuck at 76 Hz at the moment (same with DP > MiniDP cable). Is there some magic that can be done?

I got another question regarding the online frameskipping test. Control panel says 76 Hz and the image is more clear and smooth than 60 Hz and also games recognize 76 Hz VSync but the test still shows 60 Hz instead of 76 Hz. Why is that?

Thanks a lot.
smile.gif

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone have any luck with overclocking rev A00 to 72hz over DP?
I've tried the 76hz timings posted by gene-z, but they were unstable for me, and I'm not so sure what timings I should try next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update: with a 970gtx, I managed to get stable 72hz without skipping or any issues whatsoever.
It appears my older HD5850 caused the problem, rather than the monitor. Kinda odd, but maybe enabling DP1.2 helped somehow.

Anyhow, for those interested:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itx77 View Post

Update: with a 970gtx, I managed to get stable 72hz without skipping or any issues whatsoever.
It appears my older HD5850 caused the problem, rather than the monitor. Kinda odd, but maybe enabling DP1.2 helped somehow.

Anyhow, for those interested:
Thanks for this. I managed to get mine to 72Hz stable with those settings. I'm using HDMI through the HD4000.
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 36 Posts