1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea, title says it all.

For a mix of gaming and movies, what would be a better pick,

the Dell, the NEC or something else?

BTW I care about both input lag and picture/color quality and would like a balance between them. I also plan on routing movies through a receiver, so it needs to have a good 1600p scaler for that.

Ignore price plz, it's not an issue.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would definitely go for the Dell. Fantastic build quality, a good friend of mine owns one and just loves it. (The 30", same as the one you're considering, just a few years older.)

If I'm not mistaken, it scored incredibly well on the Adobe RGB Gamut (117% iirc). The 3007WFP is also very good.
Some reviews say they prefer the older model above the newer one, though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Both are fantastic monitors which use IPS panels, image quality will be top notch from either.
Also look at the Samsung XL30 - this has an LED backlight which improves the gamut. Although it uses an S-PVA panel and is really intended for accurate colour work, the picture might not be bold and colourful enough for gaming/movies.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by moward
View Post

Both are fantastic monitors which use IPS panels, image quality will be top notch from either.
Also look at the Samsung XL30 - this has an LED backlight which improves the gamut. Although it uses an S-PVA panel and is really intended for accurate colour work, the picture might not be bold and colourful enough for gaming/movies.

Hmm, worried about the response time of an S-PVA, S-IPSs are fast enough right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts