Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just got a new monitor - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - working on it is awesome. I am connected to my Macbook through MiniDisplay Port and everything is flawless. When I tried to hook up my PS4 through HDMI, I was experiencing very annoying judder-like picture (driving a car, looking around). Is this a fault of upscaling? Can I fix this with settings? Is the model with 1080p going to fix this problem?

Thank you!

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohatyr View Post

Hey,

I just got a new monitor - Dell UltraSharp U2515H - working on it is awesome. I am connected to my Macbook through MiniDisplay Port and everything is flawless. When I tried to hook up my PS4 through HDMI, I was experiencing very annoying judder-like picture (driving a car, looking around). Is this a fault of upscaling? Can I fix this with settings? Is the model with 1080p going to fix this problem?

Thank you!
Are the games you're playing 60 FPS fixed? If not, framerate might be variable above 30. Assuming PS4 games have V-sync on by default, you'd have your culprit right there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! The games are indeed locked at 30 FPS. I used to have this Samsung monitor/tv and it was all fine. What is the difference in specs causing the jitter?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the replies! The games are indeed locked at 30 FPS. I used to have this Samsung monitor/tv and it was all fine. What is the difference in specs causing the jitter?
Did your TV had a motion interpolation feature? If so that's why you're seeing a difference, on the bright side you get much less input lag though.

EDIT : Didn't notice you had a link, doubt that monitor has motion interpolation. Try changing the response time setting, see if that helps. I think Normal is the best option though.

·
Registered
335 Posts
When connected to PS4 Is the monitor running at 1920x1080, 60Hz? Maybe it has defaulted to 24hz or 50hz.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is running 1920x1080, 60Hz. Response time setting did not really help. I can still return the thing and get something different, but I have no idea what causes the weird movement jutter and what to look for.

Thanks for help!
smile.gif

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Id try to lock one of your pc games at 30fps and see if it does the same thing, my guess is probably so haha. When i play Unity (which is so demanding btw) i have freesync and even if i drop below 45-40 you can def feel it stutter/jutter/ etc its annoying but not unplayable.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Quote:

It is running 1920x1080, 60Hz. Response time setting did not really help. I can still return the thing and get something different, but I have no idea what causes the weird movement jutter.

Thanks for help!
smile.gif
Your TV probably uses motion interpolation to insert "fake" frames between the original frames. Looks a bit smoother but introduces artifacts and input lag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts