Overclock.net banner

Dell UltraSharp U2711 vs Apple Thunderbolt Display

31316 20
I want a 27" and am trying to decide between the two. My choices are between the Apple Thunderbolt display or the Dell Ultrasharp U2711. I will eventually buy 3 of them for triple monitor gaming, but am going for 1 for right now.

Anybody have experience with these monitors? I will be buying them brand new.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
never tried the thunderbolt, but i have 3 x u2711, and i love it! bought them new from dell 1 at a time. so hard to buy all 3 at the same time!

anyways, i can't look at regular monitors any more. viewing angle and just color reproduction is just amazing. well worth the cost i paid. when you stack coupons you should be able to get them for like in the sub 800 range each.

with any large item purchases, i recommend buying from manufacturer so you can get the warranty.

*edit, after looking at the monitor spec, i wasn't able to easily find the dot pitch of the monitor. i would look into it. see which one has the better one. other then that, the led back light sounds interesting. i guess the only other thing would be the total cost. i am sure you would need to get apple care just to compare to the dell warrenty?

http://www.overclock.net/monitors-displays/950124-dell-monitor-thread-4.html#post12624040

just a pic of my setup. no my glass table hasn't broken yet...

· Registered
59 Posts
i went to the apple store last night! omg... the screen is nice... but yes...

i don't like the glossy screen! very distracting! i can see who is behind me and stuff. but! i can see how most people with mac get used to it. but since my u2711 are all matte... it is hard to get used to. my friend is a heavy mac person and it doesn't bother him.

i think if the lighting was lower (you know those mac stores are crazy bright) i think you wouldn't notice it as much? not sure. but the whole glossy thing does put me off the thunderbolt version. just something you should look at in person.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.