Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some help on overclocking the Nvidia 960m found in my Dell XPS 9550. Currently I can use MSI Afterburner to apply a max 135MHZ overclock. At that clock speed I still only reach 68-70C temps so I would like to figure out a way to unlock the overclocking capability to play with voltages and adjust the clock speed even higher. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could go about this. I've been searching around and haven't found much info on doing this with the XPS or any computer for that matter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap89b View Post

Hi,

I'm looking for some help on overclocking the Nvidia 960m found in my Dell XPS 9550. Currently I can use MSI Afterburner to apply a max 135MHZ overclock. At that clock speed I still only reach 68-70C temps so I would like to figure out a way to unlock the overclocking capability to play with voltages and adjust the clock speed even higher. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could go about this. I've been searching around and haven't found much info on doing this with the XPS or any computer for that matter.

Thanks!
What games are you playing? Your temps are quite good!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have this same card as you, I have just started to OC. I've got my core clock up to 115 but stopped there as I wasn't sure about maxing it out? My Mem clock is currently sitting at +80 MHz what is yours sitting at so I have a rough idea of limits. when I run kombuster for about 30 mins I get a level temp at 68C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts