Overclock.net banner

Dell XPS - that good?

1582 Views 30 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Thumper
this all its cracked up to be? sure seems dreamy
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
10,636 Posts
I dont have much against Dell, other than they ultimately overcharge. They make a sweet system, and they are finally figuring out that the custom market is not something to be trifled with.

The fact of the matter is simply: you can build a rig of the same or better stature, put the software you WANT on it, and still come out cheaper in the end. Sometimes alot cheaper, sometimes only a little...but still less.

· Premium Member
10,636 Posts
You can't combine the core speeds
Well, you can if you want, but it doesn't work that way.

And did you look at the configuration for the $1800 system? Thats with a dual core 2.8, 1 gig of ram, a 6800 (single), Windows MCE, etc.

***EDIT

Gator kinda sorta beat me to it, even though I linked it already.

· Premium Member
10,636 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptrogen

yeah maybe i linked the wrong page the one i looked at was 3.2 EE with sli 7800's or maybe they have a good marketing scheme

Good marketing scheme. Always watch for the "starting from _____" Where ____ is some really attractive price (like 1800 for an SLI 3.2 dual core rig)...

· Premium Member
10,636 Posts
Check my post #5. The link in that takes you right to the configuration page of the $1800 system. The first selection is processor, and it's on the Pentium D 820, which is a 2.8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.