this all its cracked up to be? sure seems dreamy
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topi...=19&l=en&s=dhs
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Administrator
71,090 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kindredice

WTH is this logo old ones were alot better

XPS 600 Renegade is the ultimate PC but comes for an ultimate price,This one you linked well i'd take a custom one for like 300-400$ less

The XPS is expensive but very good and lets face it with that type of system i dont think you really need to oc lol just because you have a comp doenst mean you have to oc .it lol..And i prefer the new Intel logo anyways.

· Registered
633 Posts
Who makes the hardware and what models they are is more important than claiming 1gig ram (who what model) dvd-rw( who-goldstar ?) many of Dells specs sound competitive compared to a home Built systems but when you go to there links that give you options to upgrade ram cpu gpu etc you get the full picture of what you really get in there complete systems and how much it will cost to ensure you have high end components? Just my 2 cents. In the end you'll be happy with a xps Dell, but you'll be Proudly happy building your own (does dell let you know what month day year there comonents are made?) (building your own you decide every component)

· Banned
9,106 Posts
Once the Renegade with the quad 7800GTX 512's come out Dell will have the fastest computer period.. It will have a 4.2ghz Pentium-D and quad 7800GTX512's. Of course it will cost an arm and a leg and a kidney, but you cant build something like that. And the new XPS's are overclockable.

I think people look at prebuilts and go "ew, its *blah*.. Its gotta be crap and overpriced". But people dont put in the monitor and keyboard/mouse you get with the computer which can add nearly all the difference between that and a custom, without the monitor.

· Registered
70 Posts
If you want a decent place to get a prebuilt go to cyberpowersystem.com

One of the few prebuilt places where they dont take you for an idiot.

· Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701

The XPS is expensive but very good and lets face it with that type of system i dont think you really need to oc lol just because you have a comp doenst mean you have to oc .it lol..And i prefer the new Intel logo anyways.

exactly

· Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I have purchased computers for business systems in the past and have always went with Dell.

In this way, when there was something that went wrong with the hardware I would not have to take my own time to repair.

Just call Dell. They respond quickly and If I was ever to purchase a pre-built system it would be Dell, but not one of their cheapo ones. It would have to be a top model.

Their cheap ones are just that. They work well, but I don't like cheap anything.

R

· I remember when......
3,858 Posts
I did find this article, looks like they are starting to allow some OCing on the XPS......

Dell allows for Overclocking.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

Once the Renegade with the quad 7800GTX 512's come out Dell will have the fastest computer period.. It will have a 4.2ghz Pentium-D and quad 7800GTX512's. Of course it will cost an arm and a leg and a kidney, but you cant build something like that.

Well, that's great and all, but I also can't spend $4000 on a computer, so whether or not I can build it or not is immaterial
I also can;t afford to BUY it, so.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

I think people look at prebuilts and go "ew, its *blah*.. Its gotta be crap and overpriced". But people dont put in the monitor and keyboard/mouse you get with the computer which can add nearly all the difference between that and a custom, without the monitor.

The keyboards and mice that come with any pre-built are garbage......just like the internal componants, lowest bidder don't cha know.

The monitor, at least with Dell's, are usually pretty good, especially when they have that "free" flat panel upgrade. BUT, remember, they are using cheap, quickly made componants inside the system....I could probably put together a system that would rival a Dell in specs and cost, WITH a monitor to match.........but I'd be using the same type of low quality, cheap stuff.

When Dell, or Gateway starts using ASUS boards, Corsair RAM, Sony ROM drives and Seagate or even Western Digital hard drives, then we'll see how their prices compare.....with monitor.

· Registered
96 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper

When Dell, or Gateway starts using ASUS boards, Corsair RAM, Sony ROM drives and Seagate or even Western Digital hard drives, then we'll see how their prices compare.....with monitor.

Finally, someone else that sees that Seagate hard drives are of good value

· I remember when......
3,858 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neocold

Finally, someone else that sees that Seagate hard drives are of good value

Good value, good quality........like them so much, I bought stock in the company.

if I had the money I'd buy 2 of their 500GB SATA drives and never fear for storage again.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.