Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nah, but really these things are beyond un-bearable. Me and a friend picked up 10 Delta TFC1212DE's thinking we could under-volt them and use them in our rigs. I Got these things for $2 a pop Delta TFC1212DE Shipped so worse case scenario is were out $20. But anyways i tried the 12v = 12v 5v = ground which in total equals 7v, but this wont even turn the fans. before i go an find a fan controller, will a controller be any different? As in be able to make the fans bearable while moving some air?

These fans seem closest related to the delta FFB1212EHE

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
If those fans have a similar dBA level of the fan in the link, nothing will really quite them down. They'll stop spinning completely before they get quiet.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, the ones i ordered are 12v 3.90amp So there actually more like twice the ffb1212ehe's

@|Jason8eg What do you think the minimum dBA I can get out of these while still moving air? I dont need quiet, just rather not have 3 jets trying to take off next too me.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXkeyboardkowboyXx View Post
Oh yeah, the ones i ordered are 12v 3.90amp So there actually more like twice the ffb1212ehe's

@|Jason8eg What do you think the minimum dBA I can get out of these while still moving air? I dont need quiet, just rather not have 3 jets trying to take off next too me.
Oh man if they're nearly 4A fans at 12v, I doubt you'll be able to get them quiet at all. Those are insane fans you got there lol.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
Oh man if they're nearly 4A fans at 12v, I doubt you'll be able to get them quiet at all. Those are insane fans you got there lol.
Neat.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Jesus, almost 48W per fan.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, i think a little more than 48w actually. Well since the last post, I have done a lot of experimenting with these fans. they will run down too 7.3v At this voltage they are bearable but the method im currently forced to take it down to 7.3v is insane, i have to take a steel spring (long one) and stretch it on a block of wood, and nail it down. then complete the circuit with the spring which allows for a ton of adjustment <- Resistance very simple like.

I tried 6 10w 50ohm resistors from radio shack, I thought i could stack them, for a total of 60w @ 50ohm but this didn't work, it will spin like twice then click off spring switch click off repeatedly

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Ever Forward.
6,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlrdka22;13659993
45 Watts per channel. You're practically limited to 1 fan per channel with 48 Watts per fan
eek.gif
Gets the job done, don't really need to run them full tilt, they start spinning at about 51% which is around 3500rpm, at which point will refresh the air in your case quite a few times per minute.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeh man i use that controller with my deltas, im using ffb1212ehe, pfb1212ghe and tfb1212ghe.

so you should be fine with that. although i have used a ffb1212eh which is the 25mm version and for some reason doesn't hold its speed as well as the 25mm version. it sort of spikes and decreases. so avoid that 1 if you can. but yeh good going on the deltas
smile.gif

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
Wait...you bought deltas and thought they were capable of anything but being noisy and moving a crapton of air?

A controller wont help very much.
Deltas are Deltas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i disagree, my deltas are great and are quiet n STILL move tons of air even @ 50%. you just gotta know how to tame them.

·
Ever Forward.
6,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwas4;14935467
i disagree, my deltas are great and are quiet n STILL move tons of air even @ 50%. you just gotta know how to tame them.
Indeed.
cheers.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts