Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.demigodthegame.com/

"Demigod offers a slight variation on the Defense of the Ancients model. Those who aren't interested in Warcraft lore, but like the mod's style of gameplay, should find Demigod a refreshing break from DotA. Stardock's Impulse content delivery should make it easy to deliver new demigods and new multiplayer maps to keep gamers interested after the initial luster has worn off."

I'm planning on making the purchase after i move into my apartment but damn i'm not sure if my system can handle that D: any input?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it looks pretty sweet

i'm kind of playing with the idea of buying aion or this and i was just wondering if one gig of ram and my single core proc will hold their own with this engine.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah well i have a 9800GTX+ instead of that old 1900, so that should help. Recommended one gig of ram though i would probably benefit greatly from more

Ahhh my processor is so old its making me sad!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I think you'll be fine with Aion on low settings, provided you don't get involved in open PvP.

Demigod is good, but the limited levels (6 or 8 I think) and lack of new content has rendered it a little stale for my tastes.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
I wouldn't buy it if you are looking for a game that actually feels like DotA. If this style of play if entirely new to you than it may be a different story. All I'm saying is that if you are a DotA fan then Demigod may be a letdown.

There is however another game that is essentially DotA running on its own engine, unrestricted by the limits of Warcraft III. That game is called Heroes of Newerth and is quite good. Its in the beta phase now and I must say I'm quite impressed with it. The developer asked Ice Frog for his permission to essentially copy almost everything directly from DotA. Some screens at the bottom.

There is also another game based directly off of DotA which is League of Legends. I also have my doubts about this game as I am a long-time DotA player (~3 years) and may be let down by the end product. It is confirmed to be free upon release so it'll definitely be worth checking out.

HoN screens -

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Demigod is very scalable to low settings, like Valve games. You'll be fine. It also performs very well and looks amazing at high settings, even fully zoomed in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupahSpankeh
View Post

I think you'll be fine with Aion on low settings, provided you don't get involved in open PvP.

Demigod is good, but the limited levels (6 or 8 I think) and lack of new content has rendered it a little stale for my tastes.

Hopefully they're going to add more maps. I still play it very often though, it's pretty fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zulli85
View Post

I wouldn't buy it if you are looking for a game that actually feels like DotA. If this style of play if entirely new to you than it may be a different story. All I'm saying is that if you are a DotA fan then Demigod may be a letdown.

There is however another game that is essentially DotA running on its own engine, unrestricted by the limits of Warcraft III. That game is called Heroes of Newerth and is quite good. Its in the beta phase now and I must say I'm quite impressed with it. The developer asked Ice Frog for his permission to essentially copy almost everything directly from DotA. Some screens at the bottom.

There is also another game based directly off of DotA which is League of Legends.

Demigod is different, so perhaps it's worth playing... but if HoN is essentially DotA with renamed heroes and units, why would anyone bother?

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Demigod is very scalable to low settings, like Valve games. You'll be fine. It also performs very well and looks amazing at high settings, even fully zoomed in.

Hopefully they're going to add more maps. I still play it very often though, it's pretty fun.

Demigod is different, so perhaps it's worth playing... but if HoN is essentially DotA with renamed heroes and units, why would anyone bother?
The game is unrestricted, the devs can do whatever they want with it. Its not 100% DotA, there is another map you can play on, a bunch of new heroes etc. It has a lot of potential. Not to mention it looks pretty and runs liquid smooth unlike WarIII.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Hm, sounds good then. Worth a try, at the very least.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I must say that I play Demigod every weekend since its release with my buddies in a LAN at my house and its alot of fun. I have a couple friends who play on cheaper laptops so you should be fine. Maybe not as good as you may want it to look but definitely playable.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
It is pretty fun. There is a whole thread about it here in PC Games if you search for it. Should be just a few pages back.

It is a fun game that is for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts