Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
There's a Dual 9800M Laptop somewhere. I think it's either Asus or a Rock Extreme SL8.

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
Toughbook. But then again its for games. I would go look at Dell.

But seriously ever think about OpSec? I would edit your original post.

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpavur View Post
I did use operational security, i did not include number of personnel, place, time, or exact unit... I study Operational Security on a daily basis, hence Special Operations.
I would not anything except the fact that you serve. Believe me, I have been deployed.

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
Quote:

i have deployed 4 times, no BS, if you'd like i could send you a power point slide show on how to execute Op Sec, an official slide that we brief quarterly.
No thats OK, just tryin to look out for ya. I have seen the slide many of times. I put in over 7 years. Do whatever ya like.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

a unit deploying means nothing.... i could be deploying to texas for all you know... in that post there is not one bit of info that would help the enemy... belive me.
agreed now lets help this guy get a good gaming lappy

My 1st thought was a toughbook as well until you mentioned you wanted to game w/ it.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhick View Post
macbook pro
you are kidding, right?

This doesn't look too bad

The 9800M GTS is basically a mobile 9600GT so while not the strongest it's still pretty potent.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have to put in for the Gateway FX series too, but I'd see if you could do a configure to order option on their website.

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
Quote:

that does look pretty awesome although the monitor is a little small, when will the 280m's be out and how much do you guys think the lap's they go in will cost?
17" is plenty for a lappy monitor. Think about it, you are gonna have to carry it around. The 280m's are pretty much a rebadged 9800GTS anyways. Heck look at Nvidia's GTS 250 and 9800GT.

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
17" is plenty for a lappy monitor. Think about it, you are gonna have to toot it around. The 280m's are pretty much a rebadged 9800GTS anyways. Heck look at Nvidia's GTS 250 and 9800GT.
17" on lappy is BIG! lol

pretty close...

nvidia really F'd around on thier mobile naming scheme, IMHO it's flat out fraud.

9600m GT is a 8600 core(crap) and the 9800m GTS(generally accepted as better than GT) is a 9600GT, the 9800m GT is a 8800GS(96sp g92) it appears, and the supposed GTX280m will just be a glorified 8800GTS 512(55nm no doubt, but still...)

This page and it's associated links @ the side of the page should help clear up some of the fraud confusion.

To answer your Q about when the GTX280m based lappys are coming: I'm sorry IDK

1 - 20 of 30 Posts