Overclock.net banner

Deploying soon what lap to get

1690 Views 29 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  DesertRat
I'm in the Special Operations command Civil Affairs unit with the army and got word we will be deploying soon... I am looking for a lap under 2k and want it just for games... should I wait for the 280m processors to arrive?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Toughbook. But then again its for games. I would go look at Dell.

But seriously ever think about OpSec? I would edit your original post.

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpavur View Post
I did use operational security, i did not include number of personnel, place, time, or exact unit... I study Operational Security on a daily basis, hence Special Operations.
I would not anything except the fact that you serve. Believe me, I have been deployed.

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Quote:

i have deployed 4 times, no BS, if you'd like i could send you a power point slide show on how to execute Op Sec, an official slide that we brief quarterly.
No thats OK, just tryin to look out for ya. I have seen the slide many of times. I put in over 7 years. Do whatever ya like.

· I TeK things...
18,181 Posts
Quote:

that does look pretty awesome although the monitor is a little small, when will the 280m's be out and how much do you guys think the lap's they go in will cost?
17" is plenty for a lappy monitor. Think about it, you are gonna have to carry it around. The 280m's are pretty much a rebadged 9800GTS anyways. Heck look at Nvidia's GTS 250 and 9800GT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.