Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the 10.9 driver for my 5970 and my desktop is not displayed properly. I have my system hooked up to a 3dtv and when windows loads the icons on my desktop are halfway off the screen along with the taskbar. As soon as I click on the ccc to open it my desktop centers itself and goes back to normal. Anyway I can fix this?

·
Registered
731 Posts
YES! I am having the same issue. This is a scaling problem.

When I update to 10.8 or 10.9, my scaling options are also screwed up except my screen shrinks and puts a black border around my desktop.

I have found that 10.7 works well and doesn't give me the same problem.
Try downgrading to 10.7 like me!

But until ATI fixes this, I'm pretty sure its a driver issue. Don't worry, your card is fine!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

overscan

overscan.... what?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PcKiller View Post
I have the same problem with the 10.8 and the new 10.9 drivers for my HD5870. You just have to adjust the scaling at boot up.
How do you adjust scaling at boot up?
Its extremely annoying having to open up CCC every time you restart :/

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
So setting the overscan/scaling option in CCC to 0 doesn't fix it? it still happens at every boot up? :l

I only had the problem when installing new drivers, after setting it in CCC all was fine..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
So setting the overscan/scaling option in CCC to 0 doesn't fix it? it still happens at every boot up? :l

I only had the problem when installing new drivers, after setting it in CCC all was fine..
YES. This problem usually only occurs ONCE when you reinstall windows and set up fresh drivers.

Now, with the 10.8 and 10.9, the screen appears to be as if the scaling options are back to stock, HOWEVER AS SOON as you open CCC from taskbar (its already open and running at startup) everything magically pops back in place.

ANNOYING AS HELL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts