Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Modern Warfare 3 Collection #2 is set to introduce a ton of new stuff for Call of Duty players. The biggest new addition being the new Face Off mode, where players can engage in 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 battles on four new smaller maps. Two of these maps (Aground and Erosion) will be released ahead of the main content collection pack for free to everyone on May 16, with Elite subscribers getting these two maps on May 15.

Additionally, there will be three new multiplayer maps (Sanctuary, Foundation and Oasis) plus two new Special Ops Missions. Of particular interest is the Iron Clad Spec-Ops mission where you can use an actual tank now. One player drives the tank, while the other player is on foot clearing a path for the tank driver.

All this content will be released for free to Elite Premium members on May 15, and available for sale on May 22 for 1200 Microsoft Points. Check out the trailer to get a glimpse at all the new maps too. Note that all this new content is arriving first for Xbox 360 players, with PlayStation 3 and PC players set to get all this way later than they really should.
Source: http://www.destructoid.com/the-next-modern-warfare-3-dlc-adds-a-new-mode-and-tanks-227325.phtml

·
Registered
723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVO View Post

LMAO !! TANKS ON COD !!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you watched the video, they said its for CO-OP gameplay.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'll be honest i think this is a genuine try by IW to be a little bit different than their usual DLC maps routine. It's not the wheel re-invented, and sure they're working off old ("core") aspects in some places, but i think they've got some fun in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
They had them in World at War, didn't work out to well there.
People just fought to get the tanks and spammed them when they had it. Most of the time, the team who had the tank the most usually won the match.

It's just as bad as having a tank in squad deathmatch in BFBC2.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Jeez the tanks are in the COOP gameplay can anyone read, its not like its going to be available in the pvp multiplayer. MW2 had missions where one player used an ac130 and another where one player was a gunner in a blackhawk. This tank mission doesn't seem any different.

·
PC Gamer
1,252 Posts
Still no dinosaurs. Fail.

·
Premium Member
7,645 Posts
^This.

I want my Dinosaur with laser beam cannons. Failing that I'd like to saddle a pig into battle.

On a more serious note, the DLC has made the MP even worse, the extra game modes mean you are playing against very few people compared to before e.g. 3v3 instead of 6v6.

·
Overclocker
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post

There were tanks in the original COD.
And there will never again be a call of duty game that will be as epic as the original.....they can't afford to make the PC version better than the console version cause then all the console fanboys will cry.

Boggles my mind why they don't just make the PC version completely different than the fail console version......
headscratch.gif
They would make more money.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Treyarch's Call of Dutys MP had tanks. Big Red One, COD3, and WaW. I had a lot of fun with them. I liked that COD3 had character animation for getting in and out of the tank as well. The chracrter would jump up onto tank, and drop into the hatch. If you were good or quick enough, you could snipe someones head just as the dropped into the hatch.

I wish BF3 would have chracter animation for getting in and out of vehicals.

·
DTR Enthusiast
4,863 Posts
I was just like OMG! I finally have a reason to play COD again! Then I read that its only for co-op.... I want a Battlefield alternative...
frown.gif

·
Overclocker
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistum Id View Post

Treyarch's Call of Dutys MP had tanks. Big Red One, COD3, and WaW. I had a lot of fun with them.
doh.gif

You missed CoD and CoD:UO....the first and best games in the series. They had tanks. 60+ player multiplayer, other vehicles besides tanks and custom mods and maps to go with it all.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehotshot View Post

doh.gif

You missed CoD and CoD:UO....the first and best games in the series. They had tanks. 60+ player multiplayer, other vehicles besides tanks and custom mods and maps to go with it all.
I figured I might have. But I never played them. Big Red One was my first Call Of Duty back in 2004ish on my Xbox.

During my time in the military (2002-2006), I missed a lot of awesome games. Only games I remember playing really on my laptop were Battlefield 1942, Unreal Tornument 2004 and C&C Generals. Everything else, I just never heard of or didn't have a copy to play myself. It wasn't until end of 2005, when my ship was being overhauled, I moved into a place of my own. My buddies back home told me about Halo 2 MP and how fun it was. They suggested I play. I picked a used Xbox, Halo 2 along with Big Red One since it was on sale. Had way more fun playing Big Red One to be honest.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts