Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span>So...what does nVIDIA mean when they say "Detect Optimal Frequencies" because I have a FX5200 and stock, it runs: 250MHz Core and 400MHz Memory. When I hit the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" button... the speeds jump up to 310MHz core and 523MHz Memory! So is this Button that nVIDIA has safe to use?</span>

·
Overclockiit
3,413 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>squwish</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;"><span>So...what does nVIDIA mean when they say "Detect Optimal Frequencies" because I have a FX5200 and stock, it runs: 250MHz Core and 400MHz Memory. When I hit the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" button... the speeds jump up to 310MHz core and 523MHz Memory! So is this Button that nVIDIA has safe to use?</span></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Yes it sets it to the max safe overclock, but you can manuallly set it higher if you want also just watch for temps and artifacts!

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
usually safe to use just run it after words to make sure everything is good, its just ocing your vid card gpu and ram

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks..by the way..what's coolbits?

·
Overclockiit
3,413 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>squwish</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">thanks..by the way..what's coolbits?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Coolbits is an overclocking tool used on nvidia cards only and adds registry changes to enable overclocking under the nvidia tab on the card.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
"Detect Optimal Settings" is bs.<br />
<br />
Everytime I use it, my core goes to 496 and mem to 1140 and I get corruption after a few minutes of gaming...<br />
<br />
don't take it as 100% "safe" speeds.

·
Registered
312 Posts
when you hited that button , then drag the core and mem down with like 5 mhz and you will be fine!

·
Registered
42 Posts
To be sure that the "detect optimal frecuencies" button works 'well', use it immediatly after playing some GPU intensive game, hit it as soon as the game unloads, or even doing Alt-Tab to be fastest, when the card is hot the detection is usually more realistic, when it's cold, often the values it gives are too high to be used permanently. Anyways, test it after setting the speed to see that there is no artifacts in the games with the speed you use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts