Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my new comp and I am getting the DFI Lanparty UT NF3 mobo. Does anyone recommend a different bios than the one that comes loaded. I have heard good things about the Oskar Wu bios, anybody used this bios.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I'm using the JSJ 10/15 BIOS that's basically the same as the Oskar 9/14 BIOS, but has up to 4.0vdimm with PSU modifications.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I'm using the JSJ 10/15 BIOS that's basically the same as the Oskar 9/14 BIOS, but has up to 4.0vdimm with PSU modifications.

are there any other advantages to switching the BIOS? Where can I find these other BIOSes? (is that a word?)

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
The only major benefit to running modded BIOSs is if you're using a Mobile or DTR processor, or are willing to overvolt your PSU so you can run more than 3.1vdimm. DFI-street.com has most of them.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That and the original BIOS has temperature reading problems. Also you need a modded Bios to turn off Thermal Throttleing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

The only major benefit to running modded BIOSs is if you're using a Mobile or DTR processor, or are willing to overvolt your PSU so you can run more than 3.1vdimm. DFI-street.com has most of them.

I ordered a 3400+ clawhamer. What are some of the advantages with the modded BIOS with a DTR processor?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandron19

I ordered a 3400+ clawhamer. What are some of the advantages with the modded BIOS with a DTR processor?

There's some boards that wont boot with the DTR/Mobile CPU's and the bios upgrades fix that. Also to be able to disable thermal throttling in the bios you need the hacked bios, and if you're running an SATA drive you probably wont be able to get passed 240FSB with the stock bios without crapping out on you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400
There's some boards that wont boot with the DTR/Mobile CPU's and the bios upgrades fix that. Also to be able to disable thermal throttling in the bios you need the hacked bios, and if you're running an SATA drive you probably wont be able to get passed 240FSB with the stock bios without crapping out on you.
What is thermal throttling and do i need it disabled to get a good oc?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts