Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I know pretty much nothing about overclocking Intels. I've gotten this Q6600 up to 3.0GHz so far, and she loads at about 55*C (1.25v under load). This is a 1.275 VID chip, if it matters. I'd like to see it up a little higher, but I have no clue where to start. I've tried 3.2GHz with more CPU voltage (1.35v), and it just does nothing....well, it does, but its not stable. I can POST at 4.5GHz with the 9x multiplier! I can boot into Windows so far at 3.85GHz...but I just can't seem to stabilize past 3.0! Any tips or tricks? Everything is 100% auto in the BIOS except the FSB is at 333 right now. I know to turn C1E and Speedstep off...but all these voltage options and everything else confuse me. Help?

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Well, for one that cooler is a bit underpowered to say the least, but that's not really what you're asking about.

IDK DFI's V options but on my old gigabyte I had to raise the FSB, gMCH and PCI-e voltages a lil bit(+.1v for 3.0+ +.1v/+.2v for 3.3+) to get my e4500 to clock well. I'd say just start experimenting, but too high on the wrong thing can cause damage, especially w/ DFI giving you so many options IIRC.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump...I still don't know what I'm doing guys!

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no help?

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
No body has experience w/ his board or even DFI LGA775 in general? I'm having trouble believing that.

I wish I could help more but I don't know all of DFI's BIOS tweaks.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quads tend to jump in voltages, sometimes it takes a alot to get that extra little jump out of your cpu.

Edit: I'm getting a DFI p45 this weekend, so when i get it i may be able to help you out more. Since i have no idea really what your looking at.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat
View Post

No body has experience w/ his board or even DFI LGA775 in general? I'm having trouble believing that.

I wish I could help more but I don't know all of DFI's BIOS tweaks.

Yeah I have a hard time believing it as well. This board was THE board to get when it was bought. I remember OCN was ALWAYS having deals on this board, and newegg links all over the place, etc....

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat
View Post

Well, for one that cooler is a bit underpowered to say the least, but that's not really what you're asking about.

IDK DFI's V options but on my old gigabyte I had to raise the FSB, gMCH and PCI-e voltages a lil bit(+.1v for 3.0+ +.1v/+.2v for 3.3+) to get my e4500 to clock well. I'd say just start experimenting, but too high on the wrong thing can cause damage, especially w/ DFI giving you so many options IIRC.

Yah, I wouldn't raise your pci-e voltages past .1 ...thats how i dmg my board : ) I'm assuming they just have more advanced options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts