Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems get RAID 0 to work I have DFI CFX3200-DR and Two Western Digital 1600JS 160GB SATA-2 Hard Drives and I set up Raid0 in the BIOS on the ULI M1575 I then try to install windows and I hit F6 to install the RAID driver then I format the drives but when it trys to load the RAID driver is says missing file and I have the floppy in drive. Can someone help me get this to work I know some for you guys are running RAID 0 on this board. Thank You.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Here is some possibilities.
1. Preformat the HDDS
2. When you get to the F6 option and load the driver and then it asks you to continue, load the drivers again for the second time, don't ask why, I just know that is what I've always had to do with a SLI-DR

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Did you make sure when Loding the RAID drivers that you used the one supplied with your motherboard. Also make sure you are uploading the Drivers for the ULI Controller and For XP..I see you are running MCE However XP raid drivers will be fine.

If this doesn work I would use a utility called F-disk to format those Drives and try again.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use the top one out of the list of 4 and it is the 32 bit one but it still has not worked for the ULI M1575. I have tried the one that came with Motherboard and I tried to download one off DFI web site but it did not work. But I will try it again. Is there anything eslse to try. Also on 12-6-06 I am getting a raptor 74gb. Will the 74gb raptor be faster than the two WD1600JS drives in raid 0 then I was going to use the Raptor as boot drive with my games and programs on it and use a WD2500KS as storage drive.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I've just done a ASRock Dual VSTA and I couldn'e get the SATA 3G to work for nothing, set jumper to SATA150 and no problem. Intended to up date the driver in XP then swithch to SATA3G but the owner, a close friend, had to go and took it with him, so I don't yet know if that fix will work.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've had no end of problems with my RAID0, corruption all over the shop. I've changed everything in my system except my RAID setup and its still happening (including a reformat, tried win2000 and XP) seems to be something to do with NF4 and the raid controller. I'm going to be replacing it with a raptor, maybe slower, but i'll take that over a shed load of data corruption anyday

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try the SIL SATA ports and try RAID 0 on them but they only run at SATA speed 1.5Gb/s. I wanted the 2 WD1600JS to run on the ULI M1575 chip at SATA speed 3.0Gb/s but if it will not work then I guess I will have to use the SIL. But you think 2 WD1600JS RAID 0 at 1.5Gb/s will be faster than the Raptor 74GB that has 8mg cashe and I know raptors only run at the 1.5Gbs/s SATA speed. But I have 2 WD1600JS and one WD2500KS and will have the 74Gb Raptor and only 2 Hard Drives fit in my case with the 2 x1900's running crossfire but I am going to buy a removable drive tray and put a third drive under my DVD Drives. So what drives should I use for the best performance

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also ordered a ASUS A8R32-MVP but is the DFI board better or should I use the ASUS. I up graded from a ASUS A8N-E because I want to run Crossfire X1900's. I have a HIS X1900XTX and a ATI X1900Crossfire card but which board is the best and dose the ASUS have the same problem with the RAID controller

1 - 11 of 11 Posts