Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, well I got my opty 148 and DFI expert board a few days ago... (2 to be exact) and I'm getting the urge to see what this chip can do!

For starters I feel quite lost when going through the Bios. The DFI board has so many more options than my Asus SLI Deluxe had... I don't know what many of them do.

Since I know my RAM is good up to at least DDR600 I figured, lets try it at DDR500... from what I've been hearing 2.7 should be pretty attainable w/ this stepping opty... so lets see if it boots on stock voltages.
so I went into the memory section and tried to change the timings to 2.5-3-3-7 which is what my RAM likes to do DDR500 at... but I noticed that I can't change the CAS to 2.5?!?! this board only has integers...so it's 3.0? why!?!? I'm running memtest at the moment 3-3-3-7, but still why can't I choose 2.5?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12/7 I believe...

yeah, it wasn't stable so I'll have to tweak and stuff. I think the cpu needed some more voltage because I left it at 1.4 when I bumped it up.

but before doing that I think I need to figure out the bios... a lot of things are refered to differently than on the asus board and there are more options.

does anyone know of a guide specifically for the dfi expert?

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: soloz2

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.