Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a new mobo other that this gutless K8V. The only thing I don't like about this mobo is that I can't find anywhere if it would support PC 4000. I wanna upgrade to that but I would like to know if I can. On the otherhand, does my K8V support PC 4000?

EDIT: on another note, when is the new NF4 board coming out, and how much would that be?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Any motherboard with 184pin DIMM slots will support PC4000. Its just that PC3200 is the highest 'official' speed.

EDIT: a little clearer:

It does not matter what the RAM speed says on the box, it clocks down to the FSB. So, basically, a stick of PC4000 on a 200FSB is effectivley PC3200.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by muffin

Any motherboard with 184pin DIMM slots will support PC4000. Its just that PC3200 is the highest 'official' speed.

score, just what I wanted to know
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
You might still want the DFI though... As always, they overclock to higher FSB's than any other board. And this one for the A64 is rated the best S754 OC'n board by all the reviews I've seen...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
Im just gonna run around the forum naked with DFI RULES painted over my body just so everyone is clear...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
I'll get the hose...

But seriously, for pure overclocking you can't go wrong with this board, but do your homework or you'll pop into BIOS and end up with a headache, there's so much crap to adjust
I didn't get a better OC out of my CPU, I guess I just hit its limit, but I did get my memory at 460MHz and CAS1.5-2-2-10-1T timings at 2.9volts which is just awesomeness
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I'll get the hose...

But seriously, for pure overclocking you can't go wrong with this board, but do your homework or you'll pop into BIOS and end up with a headache, there's so much crap to adjust
I didn't get a better OC out of my CPU, I guess I just hit its limit, but I did get my memory at 460MHz and CAS1.5-2-2-10-1T timings at 2.9volts which is just awesomeness


I'm really gonna push the limit on the DFI when I get it... I went for some corsair PC4400 instead of that ocz, and I'm still deciding between the dtr3400 or dtr3200.. I think cooling will probably be my limit this time around.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,430 Posts
I'm really itching to get my hands on that 62watt Mobile. Haven't heard anything about them as far as overclocking goes, but people are getting 2.7+GHz out of 35watt NewCastles... <drool>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,555 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

I'm really itching to get my hands on that 62watt Mobile. Haven't heard anything about them as far as overclocking goes, but people are getting 2.7+GHz out of 35watt NewCastles... <drool>

If I can get to 2.5ghz with 250FSB I'll be really really happy... I cant wait till I get this computer done... I miss overclocking.

I still need the CPU/HSF/Hard drive/ Cd rom...

And I'm buying the videocard from blob... 9800pro.

I think it'll be done by the end of the month
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
score, the board is ordered, and my watercooling system is almost done, maybe i can make it past 2466Mhz this time.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Im thinking I might buy either one of these or a WC system for christmas.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top