Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The suspense is killing me! When is this board gonna be out? Zipzoomfly has it on their site but they're not in stock yet.
The SLI-DR board is only $227
instead of the rumored $299... what a relief. But I can't seem to get a straight answer as to when it's coming out. Next week, next month, when?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
The NF4 Ultra can be modded to run SLI

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
every thing I have read is saying mid spring for the DFI nForce 4 boards comming out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
im sure i read the price over here is going to be about £200-£250 which i think is something like $500, We get ripped off over here man

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunningRioT

not really, u still only have 1 pci x16 slot..

but u can run the gigabyte dual 6600gt in a single card solution.

DFI sells a board with two PCI-e 16x slots on the nForce 4 Ultra chipset, and by soldering an extra resistor into place the chipset becomes a fully functioning and idenfiyable SLi chipset. There's an article about it at AnandTech.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can you post the link to that article? I dont see it out there.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

DFI sells a board with two PCI-e 16x slots on the nForce 4 Ultra chipset, and by soldering an extra resistor into place the chipset becomes a fully functioning and idenfiyable SLi chipset. There's an article about it at AnandTech.

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
best DFI board is the DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D £129 and have everything you need plus its not overpriced, im not getting the top model because i dont wanna pay for the rounded IDE cables and all that crap, i already have them

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

nForce 4 Ultra to nFroce 4 SLi

Just read the article and I am amazed at how easy that Ultra to SLI mod is...

I think when I go 939 I will be getting the Ultra to save money to go towards my second xFx 6800GT.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just found this article:
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboa...112132310.html

Besides, there is a table on the motherboards to show people how to configure the SLI. Both boards will come with the SLI bridge chip as well. The first one has two x16 slots but one of them is actually powered of the 2x PCI Express lanes.

am i reading this correctly? does this mean the ultra comes with that SLi bridge chip too?

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you get the SLI bridge later I'm almost sure the price will be near the SLI-D's price so why bother modding an Ultra? If you're going for SLI (I know I am), I got the SLI-D.

·
Banned
789 Posts
I'm holding out for the AGP model which is in the works as well so that I won't have to drop another $400+ on a new video card...

These new DFI's are going to be absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The guy at the store told me that they are supposed to arrive next monday, so by wednesday I'll have a new system

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn

im sure i read the price over here is going to be about £200-£250 which i think is something like $500, We get ripped off over here man

yea i no we get taxed to the nuts, i ordered my pc parts from excaliber pc they all were sent in 3 different packages and the only thing customs got me on was the centurion 2 case which cost $25 @ the time HA HA i had to pay v little tax

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

nevermind, after reading this, near the bottom:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2322&p=2

i see that the ultra doesn't come with the bridge chip. guess i should just shut up and buy the SLI board huh? any objections?

I was looking at the pics from new egg and I see what appears to be the bridge clip they're talking about for the photos of the cables and accessories. Here's the nF4 Ultra board: http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?style=album

Notice the object on the lower right-hand corner. Here's the pic of the SLI-DR (by the way, I noticed that the SLI-DR has two banks of 4 SATA cables for Dual RAID): http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?style=album

It has the same object. It looks like the similar to bridge clips used to tie phone lines together at phone switch boxes.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts