Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to put together a new rig and i have had my eyes on the lan party nf 2. is this a good board?

If this is the board for me than can you help me pick my others parts since you guys have this board already. I have about$500 to $600 to spend on a CPU,RAM,HEATSINK,FANS, PSU, CASE. please help me pick the perfect parts for a good OCING rig. i was told to get xp-Moblie processor but can't decide on 2400+ with the I stepping on excaliber pc or the 2500+ & 2600+ withe A steping on newegg?

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bored7one4

I'm trying to put together a new rig and i have had my eyes on the lan party nf 2. is this a good board?

If this is the board for me than can you help me pick my others parts since you guys have this board already. I have about$500 to $600 to spend on a CPU,RAM,HEATSINK,FANS, PSU, CASE. please help me pick the perfect parts for a good OCING rig. i was told to get xp-Moblie processor but can't decide on 2400+ with the I stepping on excaliber pc or the 2500+ & 2600+ withe A steping on newegg?

That board will be your best bet for overclocking, DFI Lanparty's are the bomb!

As far as CPU goes, pick up an "I" stepping XP-M (2400 preferably), some GOOD ram (PQI Turbo 2-2-2-5 PC3200 is excellent for the price), a thermalright heatsink (can't remember what they call it for the XP's, i'm an a64 guy
) w/ a panaflo fan, pick up an X-Connect psu (great product for the price), and a case of your choice just make sure it's roomy enough, a good starter case is the Lian Li PC75 seriers or you could go for an Antec / Chieftec case (you could also get one with a decent psu already in it that would do the trick).

Your budget of $600 doesnt leave much room to buy all of those components, which are going to really be what you need if you're looking to get a high stable overclock.

Hope that helped a bit, grats on the new system!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts