Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently made the jump from DFI LanParty Ultra B to this board. Right off the bat with everything @ stock speeds, scored 1000 higher on my 3dMark 2005. So everything is looking great. I go to genie bios to do some playing around and way different from the last board to this one. I increased the FSB to 220 and 226 and the computer just reboots. So I go to the BIOS change it back and all is good. I know the chip can be brought to that and I know the board can handle it, so I think the weakness possibly the memory (1GB Muskin Level One Dual Channel DDR). There was a setting for CPU/DDR ratio, which I have no clue about. Seems I can change the ratio that the CPU and the Memory runs at. However, it does not show 1:1 or 2:1, it only has number like 4.0 to 12.0. Anyone know what I should set this too? Or have any other suggestions on OCing this board. Thanks…

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Yiffygriffy is our resident A64 expert, and Admin knows his stuff too!

I can help a little with basic OCing issues, although I will warn you...I'm having a streak of bad luck lately.

If you get your computer up to 220, and it reboots, try adjusting the cpu voltage and ddr voltages. There may even be an option for V-link or Vtt voltage, raise those a little as well.

The reboots are caused by instability...but thats kind of a good thing, seems like your ram can handle those FSB's then!

I need to buy that board...badly. I'm a real DFI fan now, got 3 Ultra Infinity's!

As far as the cpu/ram ratio, I wouldnt change anything just yet.

What kind of CPU cooling do you have? If its stock HSF (heatsink-fan) you'll want to consider changing them!

Thermalright XP90 and XP120's are great, there are quite a few others!

Ask away!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I LOVE the LanParty series, I had the Ultra B and it was the best board I ever had. I decided to jump to 64 and I wanted to go no further then DFI. It is the orgianal heatsink and fan on there. I have no trouble with temps, I have 2 tornado fans on inthe front pointed in and the one by the CPU pointed out, so there is a huge windtunnel in my case. My average sys temp is 25c. The tornado fans sound like to vacuum cleaners fighting each other, but my setup is probaly the next best thing to watercooling and I dont want to do watercooling just yet. I will try your suggestion of the voltages when I get home. I will let you know and thanks for the input and I am happy to be part of this forum

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Go to www.cpuid.com and get CPU-Z and find out what your RAM specs are.
1 of your problems is you need to increase your speeds gradually.
2nd, can your memory hit those speeds? CPU-Z will help if you don't know what the specs are.
3. Increases require more CPU voltage which also require a very good FHS (Fan Heat Sink) to extract the extra heat caused by increasing the volatge. Another thing is additional fans or increased air flow into and out of the case if nec.
4th, a premium PS that can handle the load, prefferable 400 or more watts out put.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts