Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after setting up the rig I had decided to wait till tomorrow to overclock but I couldnt

Now I've encountered a weird problem... Everytime I try to boot @ 250 FSB I get a disk error.

"Disk Error" Hit Ctrl Alt Delete to reboot.

I'm using an SATA drive??? Is the SATA not lockable on this boards??? Is that the reson I'm getting this error???

S754 DFI LANPARTY UT 250gb
Latest Bios
A64 3200
OCZ PC4000 Ram

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Well after setting up the rig I had decided to wait till tomorrow to overclock but I couldnt

Now I've encountered a weird problem... Everytime I try to boot @ 250 FSB I get a disk error.

I'm using an SATA drive??? Is the SATA not lockable on this boards??? Is that the reson I'm getting this error???

Latest Bios
A64 3200
OCZ PC4000 Ram

Did you set up the drive on the nForce 3 or the Marvell? I almost guaruntee ur issue is with the SATA bus not being locked. Try to boot with a PATA drive and see if it does the same thing. I am curious....

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhoel

Also try using the 3 & 4 sata connectors, not the 1 or 2. This just might be your problem. I think I read the first 2 are not locked. Good luck! Tell us how it works!

Yeah, I tryed all 4, same thing happened... I dont have a PATA drive at the moment...

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

what's oskar WU bios??? I have the lastest bios from the DFI website 9/14/04, are they different???

Oskar Wu's BIOS is a hacked BIOS so has alot of new features over the stock BIOS from DFI... You can also get one which has Memtest built into the BIOS so you can run memtest before your PC posts.

• Rep+
Reactions: Evil XP2400

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats pretty sweet. Anything like that available for MSI K8N Neo2 Plat board?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Oskar Wu's BIOS is a hacked BIOS so has alot of new features over the stock BIOS from DFI... You can also get one which has Memtest built into the BIOS so you can run memtest before your PC posts.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Latest Bios
A64 3200
OCZ PC4000 Ram

All of I know is that on this board people recommend that you use 3 and 4 SATA ports because I presume the other 2 aren't locked. If you've tried that and it sill doesn't work then I'm reall out of ideas. I don't use SATA drives so I dunno. Are you sure it's the disk drive specificaly? If I overclock to far the system POSTS then does some nVidia "Detecting Array" for a few seconds and then reboots on a loop doing that every time. I've read that's a part of the board where it tests the new Hyper-Transport settings to make sure you don't corrupt the disk. Try changing the Hyper-Transport multiplier down to x3 and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

All of I know is that on this board people recommend that you use 3 and 4 SATA ports because I presume the other 2 aren't locked. If you've tried that and it sill doesn't work then I'm reall out of ideas. I don't use SATA drives so I dunno. Are you sure it's the disk drive specificaly? If I overclock to far the system POSTS then does some nVidia "Detecting Array" for a few seconds and then reboots on a loop doing that every time. I've read that's a part of the board where it tests the new Hyper-Transport settings to make sure you don't corrupt the disk. Try changing the Hyper-Transport multiplier down to x3 and see if that helps.

I tryed the HT all the way down to 1x and nothing. I'm gonna give those bios a try. I'll post back in a sec.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

I tryed the HT all the way down to 1x and nothing. I'm gonna give those bios a try. I'll post back in a sec.

yay!!! oskar wu bios fixed it!!!1

I'm now @ 245FSBx10 4x HTT 1.55v

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

yay!!! oskar wu bios fixed it!!!1

I'm now @ 245FSBx10 4x HTT 1.55v

Thats the good thing abouth those hacked BIOSs... They seem to help with alot of issues.

I changed from stock to Oskar and found that the temps read correctly.

EDIT: Nice OC but comeone get 250 like me... and try and keep your RAM in 1:1.

EDIT2: Just seen you have DDR500 so it will just be stock... Just try and do 250 with 1:1 and get mem timings nice and low.

I can only do 3-4-4-8 on mine but it runs real smooth in 1:1 at 250MHz so im happy.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Thats the good thing abouth those hacked BIOSs... They seem to help with alot of issues.

I changed from stock to Oskar and found that the temps read correctly.

EDIT: Nice OC but comeone get 250 like me... and try and keep your RAM in 1:1.

EDIT2: Just seen you have DDR500 so it will just be stock... Just try and do 250 with 1:1 and get mem timings nice and low.

I can only do 3-4-4-8 on mine but it runs real smooth in 1:1 at 250MHz so im happy.

Yeah, I'm at 250x10 now, stock timings 2.5 3 3 8

I went to 260 but I had to push the cpu voltage to like 1.8 to be stable, I was idling around 39, so I just kept it at 250, it's good as it is, I'll push it some more when I get water, or when I get bored.

I have it at 1.7v now, idling 29C

·
Registered
645 Posts
wow nice OC, im getting a shuttle XPC in the summer for laning, no OC for me
. whatever its all good, size is more important than speed to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts