Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...523013&CatId=0

Is the above motherboard a flop or a good one? As far as overclocking goes, It's good? And does it support dual cores along with the fx series?
And the upcoming fx60?

I know I've been making a lot of posts recently about random parts.. Well Im kinda planning a build but I just got ahold of a 3200 Winchester for 100CAD and well, Screw the previous plans, It's amd SLI time baby!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have the same board, but 754. I'm pretty happy with it, and it boots stable up to around 320 Mhz. Not sure if that's where the CPU tops out or the mobo, but either way it's pretty decent. So if the two are alike, then I'd say go for it. (Be aware of possible seriously wonky temp and voltage sensors though, lol)

Also, you should buy off www.ncix.com , I'm pretty sure the based in BC, where TD is in Markham, Ont. You'd probably get better shipping from NCIX.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

I have the same board, but 754. I'm pretty happy with it, and it boots stable up to around 320 Mhz. Not sure if that's where the CPU tops out or the mobo, but either way it's pretty decent. So if the two are alike, then I'd say go for it. (Be aware of possible seriously wonky temp and voltage sensors though, lol)

Also, you should buy off www.ncix.com , I'm pretty sure the based in BC, where TD is in Markham, Ont. You'd probably get better shipping from NCIX.

NCIX Sucks, Total noobs work there. I've called a few times. How many NCIX employees does it take to check a stepping? None, You gotta go in and do it yourself because peering into a box and looking at a number is just slightly out of their philosophical grasp.

Anywhoo, Ncix is crap.. I've learnt that from personal experience. Also they don't really carry these so I might aswell order online

·
Registered
365 Posts
Touche.

TigerDirect isn't much better in my books. To steal a line from The Italian Job....I had, an expurrience. HAHA.

Total *fools* workin at their store, and their Customer Service sucks. Took them 2 weeks to ship me a soundcard from Markham to Mississauga....that's about a 40 min drive by car. Go figure.

EDIT: I jsut saw the pic of that mobo, looks identical to mine, except for the extra memory slot, and the extra PCI-E x16 slot. Since they have the same chipset fan, i gotta warn you it's pretty loud. Speedfan is reporting that it spins at 6500RPM.....little bit over the top.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Progenicus

Touche.

TigerDirect isn't much better in my books. To steal a line from The Italian Job....I had, an expurrience. HAHA.

Total *fools* workin at their store, and their Customer Service sucks. Took them 2 weeks to ship me a soundcard from Markham to Mississauga....that's about a 40 min drive by car. Go figure.

EDIT: I jsut saw the pic of that mobo, looks identical to mine, except for the extra memory slot, and the extra PCI-E x16 slot. Since they have the same chipset fan, i gotta warn you it's pretty loud. Speedfan is reporting that it spins at 6500RPM.....little bit over the top.

Heh, Like I care? Ask anyone that's been on vent with me, My cpu fans overpower everything. Haha I turn em down and everyones like wooow!

-EDIT: Not like I'm getting watercooling as originally planned..So noise is inevitable.

Anyone else got anything to say about this board? Seems good.. I'll probably get it, I plan on running some crazy stuff offa this.. Suicides

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just about to buy this..Just one question..

If i dont have a 24 pin PSU can i get a molex converter to convert my molex into the extra four pins i need? And I heard this board is a watered down version of more expensive DFI's..opinion's anyone?

Oh yah, Whats the max fsb you've guys have reached?

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Check the specs... many DFI MBs require the 24pin and the extra square 4 pin connector for stability. THe SLI and Expert also use a HDD and floppy connector.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duke, I just ran out and got my GS from a friend's house. * 200
* Anyways, It's an eVGA 6800GS full retail package and it comes with a cable that has two molex's on one side and a six prong thinger majig on the other side. Is this the thing I need to plug into my mobo to supply power for the pci-E slot? Thanks

-Teh Tardbot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts