Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys with the system in my specs i was installing a new cpu and when i did i cleared teh cmos liek i usually do when installing a cpu and when i fired it back up the little code thing on the board displays C1 and it wont go anyfarther then that, all the fans and stuff work and the lights on the mobo display power to the ram and board,

i tried putting my known good cpu back in and cleared cmos again and still ahving the same problem

thanks for any ideass

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Disconnect everything that you do not need to operate, such as FDD, DVD-ROM, etc and see if it will boot. Make sure all the cables and connectors are secure and correctly installed.

Are you able to get into your bios at all? If you are and your HDD's were in a raid+0 formation that option may have defaulted to a non-raid setup with a CMOS clearing. Set that back to enable a raid setup.

Perhaps your CMOS battery is dead. If you have a spare battery around that might be an option too. Just thinking out loud so to speak, hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys , i have tried the battery thinkg thats the first thing i thought when nothing else worked, but to no avail

i tried the ram thing also but that didnt work either, i guess its time to strip this thing down and see what i can do, i may try the ram thing one more time

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey do you guys knwo if ram gets to cold will it not work properly, on this board with the orange slots the one tam stick is really close to my evap head and if it isnt running it gets really cold like when i first start up do you guys think this could be part of the problem

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I don't see why memory would be impervious to cold-bug issues. I think it has merit and definitely is worth looking into.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i have some really bad news for me, i got my ram today and its the gskill supported on dfis website or whatever anyways i put that in 1 stick 2 sticks, any combination of the 2 and tried ech in every single slot, i unplugged everything and tried with just the bare minimums, i switched vid cards and tried switching psu's

nothing, someimes i would get code 88 and sometimes code C1

now this one time i got bios to boot then it froze in bios, now this happened twice so i was like umm ok and it seemed like it happened each time that my evap got to liek -44c so i thought that was kind of weird so..

so i fired my comp up without my mach II running and it booted right into bios - i know this is not a good idea but i got iun there long enough to change ram voltages to rated 2.1vdimm and i bumbed up vcore some just to ad extra juice, exited and saved, now i shut down and fired up my mach II like normal and comp came back on line and i got the same errors and messages(or codes ) aaas before

i think this damne thing is cold bugged bummer

man i am pissed

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I will trade you my Zalman HSF for you phase setup.

Sorry about your misfortune. I have heard that the AM2's do great on air and gain a little more with water, but have not heard about phase very much. You could try to adjust your settings or use a different refrigerant that produced less cold temperatures.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well no luck i had it going with the opti 1210 at stock speeds but having to uuse 1.55vcore so hopefully tomorrow that will be good enough to get what ever info off of this thing that i need

i didnt really want another folding rig but this thing is really pissing me off, i am about ready to check out a intel build (mobo and cpu)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts