Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Water cooling a chipset is a complete waste of system pressure. It just adds strain to the system. I wouldn't even consider it. You can get cheap aftermarket air cooling for them.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

Water cooling a chipset is a complete waste of system pressure. It just adds strain to the system. I wouldn't even consider it. You can get cheap aftermarket air cooling for them.

If you set it up the correct way you should not lose much in the loop at all, you can get some water blocks that are straight through and are bascially just a continuation of the hose which will not harm your pressure at all. Cooling your chipset can be of some benefit, when you are looking at getting into above 300 htt or even 330+ in a warmer climate or even in a warm case it can help with stability. I have had few issues with my chipset cooling as the stock cooler is not the best at all but because of the cooler Im using on the gpu there is nothing I can really do. If there is a very thin and small water block that I could use by all means I would have no isuues with bolting it on and forgetting about it
If you find a solution be sure to post it because Im keen aswell

·
Registered
376 Posts
How about you split the loop and use a chipset block specified with 1/2" ID tubing? That might help you squeeze a block onto the NB. It's too bad the DFI board put the NB in such a tight corner. I don't know what could really fit there except the stock HSF.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by this_barb

How about you split the loop and use a chipset block specified with 1/2" ID tubing? That might help you squeeze a block onto the NB. It's too bad the DFI board put the NB in such a tight corner. I don't know what could really fit there except the stock HSF.

I could do that

would the DD chipset block work with the DFI Expert DR here is some pics of it....

I would also add DangerDen X18 GPU Block

any1 who has the chipset block how big is it

and don't mind the wrong date and the text "text to add to image"

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Man, I don't know if you're going to get anything in there. That chipset is so badly placed. I installed a thermalright NB-1 cooler right when I got the MB and then tried to put in my video card and just about screamed. I think I'll just go with the Vantec Cooler HERE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts