Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I setup Raid-0 and can't get a driver to work with windows 7 64 bit. Anyone have any idea which driver to use? I've been trying like 10 different Intel drivers and I always get the error that it won't work. Does anyone know step by step how to get an x38 chipset working in raid 0 with windows 7?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slaney30
View Post

I setup Raid-0 and can't get a driver to work with windows 7 64 bit. Anyone have any idea which driver to use? I've been trying like 10 different Intel drivers and I always get the error that it won't work. Does anyone know step by step how to get an x38 chipset working in raid 0 with windows 7?

What error does it give you and what drivers are you trying to install the matrix raid ones?

If you could link to the drivers you tried downloading

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the intel matrix raid ones.... it detects the driver i need, but says "no new devices could be found....." I check the raid setup and the drives are there and setup for raid 0 stripe 32kb

no matter which driver I use, I cannot get windows to detect the raid volume

·
Premium Member
10,851 Posts
I would get the RAID drivers from the DFI site.

Also what motherboard are you using? I see your sig rig says Blood Iron, but you're looking for x38 drivers. To my knowledge there were only p45/p43 and g41 Blood Irons.

• Rep+
Reactions: slaney30

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

I would get the RAID drivers from the DFI site.

Also what motherboard are you using? I see your sig rig says Blood Iron, but you're looking for x38 drivers. To my knowledge there were only p45/p43 and g41 Blood Irons.

There were also p35 blood irons made by DFI. Im not using that board, i just switched. Im under the assumption that the x38 dfi's us the ICH9R intel raid chipset. For some reason my windows 7 will not accept the driver I've downloaded from Intel. Also they wont take the driver I've downloaded from DFI's site. Im at a loss why it wont work. Maybe if someone has loaded win7 raid0 on the x38 dfi board they could help with which driver they used. Im trying to run 64 bit win7 and none of the drivers i use work.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I am having the same problem on retail Windows 7. After enabling raid in the bios, I boot up on the Windows DVD go to repair, add drivers and select the IaStor.inf. It tells me the installation failed. I have used the drivers suggested above also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Blood-Iron P35 series that I purchased in August '08 and I have tried everything I can to install Win 7 with a RAID 1 setup. I downloaded every driver DFI had on their website and even though it would show my ICH9R Intel RAID chipset, it still wouldn't work. Looks like I'll be purchasing an Intel MB next time in hopes of RAID support actually working

1 - 10 of 10 Posts