Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running D3 on my sig rig at 4.8ghz and with my gtx 580 OC'd to 935 core / 2100 mem with 301.24 beta drivers, also tried the whql drivers. When I run the game, it looks like everything is stuttering and glitching around, not the main menu, in the game. I watch my fps and it stays high above 130, but jumps around. I tried to enable vsync via nvidia control panel for my 120 hz monitor, but it won't work with D3. So I enabled it inside of d3 and am sitting at 60 fps. The game is still stuttering and glitchy a bit.

I went into MSI Afterburner to view my temps and GPU usage during heavy encounters, its only utilizing 48% of the GPU @ 58 C. I than opened up task manager and found that I was using nearly 100% of my CPU, i5 2500k @ 4.8 ghz?!? Is my CPU bottlenecking me somehow?

CPU-z shows it properly at 4.8 ghz and all of my overclocks are stable. How can I get diablo 3 to not stutter and to utilize all of my GPU? Also, How can the game be using 100% of my CPU, is this correct?

Also, if you had a similar problem like this and fixed it, please give me any advice you have! Thanks
thumb.gif

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v639dragoon View Post

I'm running D3 on my sig rig at 4.8ghz and with my gtx 580 OC'd to 935 core / 2100 mem with 301.24 beta drivers, also tried the whql drivers. When I run the game, it looks like everything is stuttering and glitching around, not the main menu, in the game. I watch my fps and it stays high above 130, but jumps around. I tried to enable vsync via nvidia control panel for my 120 hz monitor, but it won't work with D3. So I enabled it inside of d3 and am sitting at 60 fps. The game is still stuttering and glitchy a bit.
I went into MSI Afterburner to view my temps and GPU usage during heavy encounters, its only utilizing 48% of the GPU @ 58 C. I than opened up task manager and found that I was using nearly 100% of my CPU, i5 2500k @ 4.8 ghz?!? Is my CPU bottlenecking me somehow?
CPU-z shows it properly at 4.8 ghz and all of my overclocks are stable. How can I get diablo 3 to not stutter and to utilize all of my GPU? Also, How can the game be using 100% of my CPU, is this correct?
Also, if you had a similar problem like this and fixed it, please give me any advice you have! Thanks
thumb.gif
mine is the same way :/

·
Registered
724 Posts
lol, this is why i did not buy Diablo III
frown.gif

I mentioned this in another thread and i got jumped on and called a troll, its not just Nvidia...AMD too....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn
frown.gif
. Hopefully we can figure this out on OCN! I just find it very strange as to why it is using 100% of my CPU, or very close to it. Only [email protected] or benchmarking would make it hit 100%. Not a game whos specs require a core 2 duo.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yea i would like to buy the game but i simply refuse to purchase games that run all stuttery choppy and what-not, i quit Rift because of it, Path of exile does it too, i really am doubting its a driver issue, i hope they can fix it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
It's running perfect on both my laptop and gaming PC. My laptop has a 555m in it, with an I7 2630 QM cpu, and you can see my desktop below. I haven't noticed any stuttering or anything at all. The game runs great.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it's not the game, what do you guys believe could be wrong with my system? How could a game use 100% of a CPU @ 4.8ghz? Should I try going to fry's tomorrow, picking up Ivy, and testing it out to see if my CPU is at fault?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
[quote name="Tyreal" url="/t/1257901/ i really am doubting its a driver issue, i hope they can fix it.[/quote]

Unless you make some test, im sorry but doubting will never be a safe option to rule out a possible cause....

·
Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,288 Posts
Only thing I have a problem with so far is the cutscenes stuttering. Might be due to the fact I only have 50% of the game downloaded though.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v639dragoon View Post

If it's not the game, what do you guys believe could be wrong with my system? How could a game use 100% of a CPU @ 4.8ghz? Should I try going to fry's tomorrow, picking up Ivy, and testing it out to see if my CPU is at fault?
I doubt its your machine... There's a 19 page thread on battle.net about the stuttering and FPS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051975289

I'm still on the fence atm with CC in hand and the starter edition isn't available for me to test.
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyreal View Post

lol, this is why i did not buy Diablo III
frown.gif

I mentioned this in another thread and i got jumped on and called a troll, its not just Nvidia...AMD too....
Even though I have little interest in Diablo 3 and won't be buying I must say these problems didn't manifest for me while playing the beta. Is this only happening in the final version of the game?

I am sure it is just early teething issues and will be sorted out.

Personally I am waiting for Torchlight 2. I've already got it per-ordered and can't wait for launch.

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
When I played BETA it stuttered like mad because of my internet (which is normally fine but was sucking for some reason) and then it would do it again when it was updating and I played before it was 100%.

Thought I'd throw it out there since your system is not the cause.. if anything it's probably driver related and I'm sure it will be fixed quickly.. being such a popular release and all.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm getting the exact same thing with my rig. It's very much playable but it's not silky smooth like it should be. GPU 40-55% is all it uses.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This sounds like an issue that plagued BFBC2 early in it's launch as well.

While you're in game, open task manager and go to the "Processes" tab.
Find D3, right click on it.
Click on "Set affinity..."
Uncheck the first core, and click OK.

Now, run around in the game a bit, just to generate some CPU load.

Repeat the process but now recheck the core you disabled.

Might help, might not. But this helped BFBC2 for me when it launch and I was having almost the exact same issue.

·
OCN Enthusiast
1,173 Posts
Roll back and see if that works. Seriously. Nvidia's newer drivers have caused me blue screen after blue screen.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post

Try the new 301.40 drivers they seem to run good with Diablo III.
http://www.tweakforce.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6131
I installed them will test them out later.
Who made these drivers? Why aren't they on nVidia's website? Until then, I don't know if I should download..

I was getting 60FPS in the game when I first played it (in fullscreen mode at max details), but as soon as Leah joined my party the game stuttered and flashed some white for 1 or 2 seconds and then dropped down to 30FPS. The cap seems to only be in fullscreen mode, and windowed mode gets to 45FPS. I'm hoping that I can get it back up to 60FPS in fullscreen mode but rebooting the game and my machine doesn't seem to help.

Suggestions?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 89 Posts