Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently built a pc for a friend but we are having an issue with diablo 3.

parts are:

cpu: 3570k
mb: gigabyte z77 ds3h
gpu: MSI gtx 560 TI
psu: ocz 750w bronze
ram: kingston 8gb 1600
hd: 2.5" wd 500gb blue for laptops

we were playing diablo 3 and it is very choppy. The fps is averaging around 60, but the game play is not smooth, so I thought it was the gpu so I replaced his gtx 560 with my gtx 670, but still the same issue (I plugged in his gpu into my pc and it was flawless). So what is causing this issue? Is it because of the hard drive is slow? can it be the mb? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Things like driver versions for mobo's, windows versions, patches, fresh install of os on your part, his part? etc.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
go into the menu in diablo 3 and go to FPS foreground or background or something like that there will be a slider and a tick and untick box untick them and change the FPS limit to 200FPS i got much smoother frame rates then smack v-sync on thats what fixed my stuttering problem

·
Registered
387 Posts
From what I've heard, the game actually runs smoother on Radeon GPUs. This is a first, it's usually tilted in NVIDIA's favor. You are using 2 NVIDIA GPUs so this is beside the point.

Now from what you said, the GPUs both work fine in your own rig. This leads me to believe something is wrong with the other.

Have you monitored temps while gaming on your friends system?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only difference is my MB his MB

i have a 3770k and he has a 3570k both overclocked to 4.2 and i have a corsair vengeance 16gb 1600 and he has kingston 8gb 1600. And last difference is the HD. i have a ssd and he has a laptop hard drive

the bios of the motherboard is the one i got with pc and using windows 7 pro 64 bit. i use windows 7 ult

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulbida View Post

From what I've heard, the game actually runs smoother on Radeon GPUs. This is a first, it's usually tilted in NVIDIA's favor. You are using 2 NVIDIA GPUs so this is beside the point.
Now from what you said, the GPUs both work fine in your own rig. This leads me to believe something is wrong with the other.
Have you monitored temps while gaming on your friends system?
I don't think its the gpu because even my evga gtx 670 sc is lagging in his pc. I'm thinking its either the mb or the hd, but can either one affect gameplay?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesk7 View Post

only difference is my MB his MB
i have a 3770k and he has a 3570k both overclocked to 4.2 and i have a corsair vengeance 16gb 1600 and he has kingston 8gb 1600. And last difference is the HD. i have a ssd and he has a laptop hard drive
the bios of the motherboard is the one i got with pc and using windows 7 pro 64 bit. i use windows 7 ult
I would definitely try reverting everything back to stock (CPU/GPU/RAM) just to see if the overclock is what is causing issues.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I didn't see, are you playing from the same location? This game is hardly that demanding for OCed PCs and latest tier video cards. D3 seems to be sensitive to network problems.

Also, has it been tested with other games?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my friend thinks its the hard drive thats making the game like that. Can a 5400 rpm sata 2 hard drive make it like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts