Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a shot in the wind, but, I have been asked if I can dial up to a server which only has an ISDN card in it. They are in a remote part of the world hence no DSL. Does anyone know if I can get a window 2000 box to dial over LAN?!?! I have tried looking all over for an answer to this, but Microsoft being microsoft don't have an KB on this. I know that if they fixed their ISDN IP I could VPN to the IP but they don't want to have the line's dialed up all the time. Any ideas?

JB

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsbroady

This is probably a shot in the wind, but, I have been asked if I can dial up to a server which only has an ISDN card in it. They are in a remote part of the world hence no DSL. Does anyone know if I can get a window 2000 box to dial over LAN?!?! I have tried looking all over for an answer to this, but Microsoft being microsoft don't have an KB on this. I know that if they fixed their ISDN IP I could VPN to the IP but they don't want to have the line's dialed up all the time. Any ideas?

JB

I havn't heard of any dial-up over lan method (infact it sounds impossible).
Cant they just connect the ISDN line when you want to VPN into them? or set their ISDN connection to dial at certain times of the day, and you connect to it then?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been trying to get them to change the way they do things. You can purchase good dial up plans (so much air time a month) but they won't do that either. I have never heard of dial over LAN either, thought it was worth a go anyway, you can buy software that will do it, but I'm not spending money on something I don't need. I have my own ISDN card here but really didn't want to mess around dialing up to them. I am tempted to just set up another windows box here until they get sorted with another way of doing business.

Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts