·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They havent been in stock though. I dont think MC has received them yet. Shows, 9 hex core and 10 quad cores at my location. Based on performance i would gladly take a hex core for 139.99, and if the 8120 came down to around 175 i would jump all over it too.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
New CEO, new strategy. The new CEO was successful at his last endeavor as well.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Egg reviews seem to have folks trying to get these to work with their CHIV and no luck. So the whole BD working with the 890FX board thing might not be true until we get some more mature Bioses. Even the 990FX Bios's arent working right yet.

Quote:

10? Was it priced at $199.99 yesterday?

Yes, at MC, 189.99 at New Egg.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 996gt2
View Post

FX-6100 for $139.99 isn't a bad deal at all, seeing as a 1055T sells for ~149.99 currently.

Hopefully that price is legit.

Still not sure if thats a misprint, or going to take affect maybe tomorrow? That same ad did not say that yesterday. But since the price on the 6100 did drop from 199.99 to 189.99, some ding bat may have just messed up changing the price on the ad.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckclc
View Post

Still not sure if thats a misprint, or going to take affect maybe tomorrow? That same ad did not say that yesterday.

If that price is real, I could see the 6100 being a good seller. If they bring the FX-8120 to the $165 range and the 8150 to the $200 range, those could be popular choices as well. Heck I'd consider getting an FX-8120 to play with if the prices dropped to what a top-end Thuban costs today.

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If that price is real, I could see the 6100 being a good seller. If they bring the FX-8120 to the $165 range and the 8150 to the $200 range, those could be popular choices as well. Heck I'd consider getting an FX-8120 to play with if the prices dropped to what a top-end Thuban costs today.

Agreed. If i could get an 8120 for $165, i'd buy it now, run 4m/4c, put it under a Rasa kit,hope for 5.3+ and call it day.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrait
View Post

I'm betting the prices will drop, and drop hard.

If they've come to the conclusion BD is kinda fail, probably, to stop the "bleeding." If they can sell enough of those chips, even at lower prices, they can still turn a profit/recoup the cost of the R&D.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmac73
View Post

Agreed. If i could get an 8120 for $165, i'd buy it now, run 4m/4c, put it under a Rasa kit,hope for 5.3+ and call it day.

Might have to get a new PSU to handle 5.3 GHz though...even without any GPU load

Man, I never thought there would be a day when a perfectly good TX650 might not be enough to handle a heavily overclocked CPU.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I personally dont value these very high, meaning I am not willing to dish over 120 Canadain dollars out for this first gen bulldozer. I will probably dish out alot for Next Gen Bulldozer enhanced.

I cant find any FX 4100's... its not on newegg.ca but that micro center has it... however not for online sale though

In my mind i dont care what older gen phenom prices are... However it is unfortunate this new gen stuff (bulldozer) does have to compete against its old phenom price range.

I think since this new stuff is out... it should actually undercut phenom prices because its the same preformance. What happened to Yesterdays preformance for cheaper price... wasnt that the whole Sandy Bridge theme? (it wasnt that much faster than the fastest i7)

Maybe it will happen sooner than i expect because the hungry hippo's will be done upgrading and the FX 8150 will no longer go out of stock every day....

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Might have to get a new PSU to handle 5.3 GHz though...even without any GPU load

Man, I never thought there would be a day when a perfectly good TX650 might not be enough to handle a heavily overclocked CPU.

Considering the power savings from 4 less threads, and given the efficiency of PSUs and VRMs, that wall figure comes down a good bit.

Also FX8150 in upper 4ghz isn't that much worst than PH2 X6 @ ~4.2. Maybe another 40-50 watts.

But it's still a hog

·
H20 only!
348 Posts
+1 for price drops! I am a cheap ass as always. I still feel this chip hits its performance mark just fine for the performance to cores.

Remember guys in reality the 6xxx are triple cores and the 8xxx are quad cores with physical hyper threading. Performance is nice on these units for the price and better if it goes down. AMD just marketed them as more because the architecture physically performs Hyperthreading and is a marketing plan that will actually work for sales. Regardless of whether more cores are better or not.

Guys, please don't do the Intel fan flame crap here too. I seen someone already trying to do it and once again does not say why he feels that way. Or for that matter facts behind it.

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashdummy35
View Post

If they've come to the conclusion BD is kinda fail, probably, to stop the "bleeding." If they can sell enough of those chips, even at lower prices, they can still turn a profit/recoup the cost of the R&D.

oh wait...they R&D'd those crappy chips? shame on AMD such a waste of good dollars

1 - 20 of 58 Posts