Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for fun, I tried in the Nvidia Control Panel to test the core clock at 1.25 GHz, the screen became all white and crissing sound came, I manually pressed the restart button, about 3 seconds elapsed between the white screen and pressing the reset button. Any damage could have occured?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
..err well it wasn't the smartest thing to do considering its a $600 card...only time will tell if you did damage...

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but I mean it was a test, and 3 seconds

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am currently viewing overclock.net, I mean it restarted fine, my temps are still nice around 54 c.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i once had that to my X700 it worked fine but when i tryd Direct 3D mode in Counter - Strike 1.6 it would show lines on the screen and before that worked great but that was the only trouble it gove the rest was perfect so was Counter - Strike using OpenGL

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well, if it is working fine now, then I think you are all good. Go run some benchies and 3d apps to be shure.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't run any games, because I just set the slider to 1.25 GHz and pressed the "test" button, and the white screen came, and I jumped on the restart button.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Thats not smart but one time i got my Geforce2 mx400 to run at 1.0Ghz core for about 2 secounds...I dont know how that was possible but lol...

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mean but could my video card could have suffered any damage during this 3 seconds period of time?

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I just ran 3DMark06 and I had no graphical problems at all, no artifacts. I ran dxdiag tests w/o any problems, Flight Simulator X ultra high settings without any problems, and Battlefield 2142 ultra high no graphical problems. My temps are the same as before. What happened exactly is that before letting you save a oc, the nvidia control panel gives you the option to "test", as soon as I pressed test, the white screen came with the crissing sound, for 3 seconds or less before I restarted my PC. Am I pretty covered with this? I mean there shouldn't be damage right?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
There was no damage done. You cannot cause any physical damage that I know of just by increasing clocks. You would have to increase Vcore to hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Though increasing clocks wouldn't automatically increase Vcore? using the Nvidia Control Panel, do they link the Clocks OC to Vcore or it has to be done seperatly.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
it shouldent. ive accendentaly donw that with my old 6600gt from 1000 to 1506 on accedent restarted and nothing was wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol satek, same here, well, I'm happy to hear that.

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel
View Post

Though increasing clocks wouldn't automatically increase Vcore? using the Nvidia Control Panel, do they link the Clocks OC to Vcore or it has to be done seperatly.

The only way to change voltage on a Nvidia GPU is through hardware change. You have to ground out resistors manually to do it.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Outstanding knowledge men, I learn something new everyday thanks to my stupidness.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by matman40
View Post

Thats not smart but one time i got my Geforce2 mx400 to run at 1.0Ghz core for about 2 secounds...I dont know how that was possible but lol...

It's not possible, program error maybe..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts