Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,701 Posts
Ya but how are you going to fill it when it gets low when you have your intake at the top of the reservoir? I like to keep my top openings open so I can fill it from there... makes it so much easier and makes it take a longer time between fills, other than that looks perfect nice loop man.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Ya but how are you going to fill it when it gets low when you have your intake at the top of the reservoir? I like to keep my top openings open so I can fill it from there... makes it so much easier and makes it take a longer time between fills, other than that looks perfect nice loop man.
the pump intake isn't at the top...

·
Banned
5,701 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
Do you see?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i would fill the res up more, that much turbulance and " white water " is causing air bubbles...

air bubbles = bad fill the res up with a bout 3/8" of air in the res
so like 85% full

also, i didnt see any clamps on your hoses, either get hose clamps or use zipties

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice setup alamo695. Just a word of caution that airating your loop by churning oxygen into the distilled water will increase oxidization of your parts. I'd switch your reservoirs intake to avoid this.

A higher oxygen content in your water may also feed any microbes or algae that would otherwise not exist in the absence of O2, and can cause scumming/filming of your acrylic parts when using certain additives.

You may be fine either way. Just thought I'd add my my 2 cents.

Edit: just saw your follow post. gz.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interpolation View Post
Nice setup alamo695. Just a word of caution that airating your loop by churning oxygen into the distilled water will increase oxidization of your parts. I'd switch your reservoirs intake to avoid this.

A higher oxygen content in your water may also feed any microbes or algae that would otherwise not exist in the absence of O2, and can cause scumming/filming of your acrylic parts when using certain additives.

You may be fine either way. Just thought I'd add my my 2 cents.

Edit: just saw your follow post. gz.

thanks for the caution very helpful

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALAMO695 View Post
dudeeee how u get that 955 to 4.2??? i hope i could do that with my 965 =]
i've got it to 4.4, 4.2 is highest stable.

• Rep+
Reactions: ALAMO695

·
Banned
5,701 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALAMO695 View Post
changed it up (the intake and out), now its wayy more quiet (almost silent).....i got some plastic clamps are those any good??
I have used plastic clamps for years. They are fine as long as you use O rings with capture recesses on fittings and screw them in correctly. You're looking good man.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.